help fitting ..will pay and travel

A

Anonymous

can anyone help fixing my clutch pedal box and fit my bluetone dials..dont trust myself with the task ..ive fitted the clutch support bracket but its still creaking dont know how long it ll hold out .. ive heard the dash has to come out so i feel its probably a good time to fit the dials . i can travel within reason ..and would be more than willing to cross palms with silver ...just need someone who knows the r well enough to do the work

geetee

Dash out is a very simple job....

only a few screws and a bit of manipulation (said Bishop to actress:) )

As I've said before

1. Gear stick surround off

2. 2 screws just under ashtray level... heater control / stereo surround comes off... just pull the bottom out, the top is just clipped in. Unplug Hazards switch etc.

3. 3 screws in cowl in front of speedo / tacho (u need a stubby screwdriver to get to these). Look at the speedo then recessed in the black plastic above it u'll see these.

4. 3 screws on lower edge of this piece (underneath lower edge). 1 to right of steering wheel, 2 to the left. There are several screws here but only 3 of them hold the clocks surround in.

5. Get your head in the drivers footwell, legs out the door. Up above the ecu, you'll see the far end of the vent control cable. If you have long arms reach up inside the car and move the centre vent control and it should help u spot the lower end of it. It has a round hole on the end connected to a white plastic piece. Just back from this u'll see it is clipped with a metal springy bit. Get ur hand in there and just pull the lower edge of the clip out.... the clip will be retained at the top edge. the cable will then be free.

If possible tie a long piece of string to the round eye on the end of the cable - it makes it far easier when it comes to trying to get it back in the right place.

The whole clocks surround and bit of dash to the left should then just pull forward. You'll need to wiggle it, bend it, squeeze it over the steering wheel. The air vent ducts make it a little tricky but it comes out easy enough.

The speedo / tacho unit is just held in with a few screws which are easy enough to spot!

Assembly is just doing the reverse.

Putting it back takes about 2 minutes now cos you know how to do it!

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

geetee

As for the dials....

Can you fit them without removing the needles? It's easier if you can - saves you hours of trying to get them to line up right afterwards.

If you have to take the needles off.... try to get the needles off the centre pins rather than pulling the pins out of the gauge. To do this you need to wiggle more than pull (how fookin camp does that sound!). If you grab the centre lump of the needle and just pull the pin / shaft will come out attached to the needle. Every time this has happened to me the gauge has never worked again.

You need to persuade the needle off the pin by gentle persuasion - but too much side movement will bend the pin and your needle will catch the face of the dial - and the gauge won't work!

It seems such a simple job, but so many people have ended up with very pretty but totally useless dials!

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

A

Anonymous

cheers geetee...very good of you to take the time of typing all that out ...i think i could manage the dials with those instructions ..its just the pedal box ..i think thats gonna need welding ...