HELP, I THINK MY CAR IS ABOUT TO DIE!

P

PaddyPower

PLEASE HELP I AM ABVOUT TO CRY!

Took her out for a spin last night and after about 5 minutes, the car didn't want to pull. It was slower than a 1000cc fiesta untill the turbo kicked in and then it would have only beeten a 1200!

When i put my foot down, gently it felt like there was no fuel getting through, if that makes any sense?

And everytime i pulled up and left it ticking away, it dropped down to 500 revs and sounded like it was going to die.

I left it ticking over outside the pizza shop for about5-10 mins and it never konked out, but sounded awfull. The car did not like goging over 20mph all the way home.

I have had this problem before when the car has been over reved once or twice (and people have told me that that is the safe mode kicking in) but this time i was driving as if my mum were sitting next to me.

On the 2 occasions that this safe mode has kicked in i have just switched the car off aqnd back on again 30 seconds latter and hey presto back to normal. Switched it on this morning and it sounded fine. Then i got about 100m down the road and the same old shite started up again?

What is this safe mode? and what do you think is wrong with my little pop pop?

By the way i have just had a new walbro fitted so it is not the fuel pump. :idea:

ki_saj_ng

u say its struggling to stay on, could be something like a loose pipe, dump valve maybe as this happened to me once and i thought my engine was gone.

saj 8)

marc

I dunno what to say but I hope its ok , But I suggest you start with the pump you just fitted, Sounds like fuel starvation???

MarkTurbo

Paddy, did it go like this all of a sudden :?:

Check all the boost hoses between the turbo and the intercooler, and where the dumpvalve comes off the intercooler :wink:

It sounds the same as when my dumpvalve pipe blew off.

S

stomski

boost hose might have split, stick ur hand by them and feel for air.

MAF sensor loose, take it off, give it a good blow and put it back on

thats all i can think of matey :D

P

PaddyPower

fuel pumop is ok.#

Dumop valve is still blowing so does tghat meann its ok? I will check tomorrow.

OZ-Racing

Paddy,

Have you just washed the car?

Sounds like what happened to me when I got rain/washing water in the plug holes. Take your HT leads out and check for water down the tubes. :wink:

If that's the prob, just soak it up with some paper towel, quick squirt of WD40 and off you go :D

T

Toady

check the air flow meter connections too, that happened to me on my last R, it sounds like its gone into limp home mode. :wink: