HELP! Less than Standard Boost!!!!!!!!

warringtonjack

Having just given the car its first service since buying it a month ago, not all is as it seems!! :?

First off, I have a skyline fuel pump (good) :) with short feeder pipe (bad) :( which means engine cuts out when v low on fuel and flying round a left hander.

Second, there was a fuel pressue regulator fitted (good) :) , but reading 4Bar (bad) :( . Turned down to 3 now.

Third, I have a full solenoid kit from a HKS evc 4 boost controller that is still plumbed in (good) :) , without the controller head unit (bad) :( ! Which means I'm running about 0.6Bar! Less than standard boost!!! :shock: :shock:

Not wanting to challenge Edd as reverse modding supremo :wink: , I really need to get hold of a HKS evc 4 control unit. If any of you fantastic people out there have one lying around after upgrading to the evc 5, please could you let me know!! :D

Aye thangyooo.

moved to problem

antgtir

Judging by the name, i would say that you are from around the Warrington area?

I used to regularly visit warrington and still do to see a few mates so whats the colour etc and no doubt ill see you about.

P.s. i used to have the very same prob with the fuel pump pipe/cutting out round left hand bends, thing is i never even got chance to sort it as i wrote the car off (very gutted) although i thought i had until on the GTiROC NW crimbo do in Rusholme i see it driving past me :shock:

Anyway ive got another now which hasn't got that prob. I would just if poss replace the feeder pipe with a new one as i no how annoying it is :wink:

mattygti-r

think ive got a "4" laying about will le tyou kow :)

you may find its not the evc 4 thats the selonoid is from (bad :( )

saying that mate, im running less than stock boost at the mo for some reason?

my boost guage is peaking at 0.6 too so woudlnt worry

warringtonjack

Andy

yeah, Ian did the service for me! You were spot on about the evc 4 kit, well done my son!!

Loads of kit for gauges is still attached behind the dash, so I'm gonna get all gauged up to fcuk!!

Ant, its a black fella with huge 5" tailpipe H reg! See ya around squire! PM mee if you ever fancy meeting up, likewise Andy!!

Matty, if you've got the head unit for the evc 4 it should go straight on! Let me know!

Mr GTiR

There is a meet on monday. Either see the thread in the North section or give me a call to sort out details.

Told you it was an HKS ECV 4 :p I might have not seen my car for a while now but i still remembers what it looks like :wink:

Tony

I have the greddy profecB on my car and if i turn it off the car runs at 0.5. I think this is to do with the solenoid part not being powered so being in the shut position!!!! this will be the cause of your low boost!!!!

If you connect a bit of hose from the plenum direct to your actuator then you should be back on standard boost 0.7 i think?????

Tony....