Help me!!!

Chris1

Hello peeps.

I'm looking at another R and need a bit of help. The guy said its a light-weight model with manual windows, mirrors etc. But it has air con and is grey. I thought the light-weight ones were white or yellow?
Can anybody shead some light, or should I hold out for an R full of electrics? That said, I suppose there's less to go wrong with a Dakar version.

Cheers,

Chris.

gtir bean

mine is grey,no elec anything.no rear wiper etc.it should have the short ratio box too unless he trashed it like the previous owner of mine.

Ricky_GTi-R

gtir bean said:
mine is grey,no elec anything.no rear wiper etc.it should have the short ratio box too unless he trashed it like the previous owner of mine.
You still thinking of selling yours dude?

gtir bean

kind of.i have seen a couple of mirage cyborgs for sale and i like them:-D .not as quick as the r but nice wee rare cars.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
i had a black lightweight one from factory, i think they were still offered for sale, you could even add extras on to it, full electrics etc. but based around the close ratio box.

Chris1

Thanks for the rapid replys. I'm not sure about the umbrolly. I will have to check. And thanks for the link to the info.

God bless this club.

Chris.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
gtirx2 said:
GTI-RB - (Beta) aka RB / Rally / Homologation = MODEL NUMBER: EBYNRRFN14xxxx
[model # is found on the VIN plate]
That R means it's the RB ie the lightweight (only by 30kg if if hasn't had aircon fitted) model and mine is black, so don't worry about the colour;-)

Holding out depends on wether you want to be limited to about 125mph at 7500rpm in 5th:doh: ( It'll have a close ratio box if it's the RB)

PM me the RNN14 xxxxxx chassis number if you're worried and I can check it out on Nissans' FAST.

Chris1

Although the RB sounds tempting I am not to sure if it's for me. I forgot about the close ratio box. I would imagine being on the motorway would be quite tiresome with such a short ratio.
My last pulsar was a Lux spec one which is what I am after really. I'm finding it hard to find one that matches my dream spec. The next R has a hard act to follow.

Does anyone have a mint R with forged goodies and rebuilt box etc?

Cheers.