HELP More Problems

A

Anonymous

Another Problem - Today while going down the motorway my GTiR started to back fire when my foot was of the gas, which was wierd as it never backfired before then all of a sudden the car wouldnt accelerate,(no boost) next white smoke pissed out of the exshast and engine bay. Pulled over the car wouldnt start again.

Towed it home plugs were melted inside and all plugs snapped tring to get them out without any force. No water In raidator. Also the oil smells burnt
HELP HELP HELP

skiddusmarkus

How do you know?Have you done a compression test?

Have you checked your rad for leaks and all the water pipes round the engine?

Have you checked your turbo to see if that's knackered?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If there's no water in the radiator, then unless you've been very lucky the engine has over heated. The back firing you hear may have been a result of the plugs melting, which may have been due to pre-ignition and det.
Fill your water back up, find out where it's gone. Water pump failure or holed system or just not checking the level regularly enough, for examples.
If you haven't done a compression test, do one.
It might be worth boroscoping the cylinders to see if there's any bits of plug debris in there for example.
Then if all's well stick some new plugs in and hope all's well.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the advice will check all those thing when i can. DOnt think it is the turbo because i have taken it off and look to be ok also when i filled the radiator with water again there was no leaks so i dont no where the water could have gone?
Will get my mate who knows alot about cars to have a look also.