HELP MY CAR HAS NO KICK AND JUST STARTED SMOKING BLACK/GREY!

A

Anonymous

My boost is not holding very well started off at 1 bar will only hold .8ish this started last week but now i notice black smoke coming out the exhaust the turbo is fairly new less than 6 months the blow off valve will only go if you nail it upto 5000 revs i have oil on the inlet side of the turbo as well as in the inlet chamber and intercooler :cry: :cry:

Hoping its not fatal as this is my second engine after melting 3 pistons and a turbo!!!!

This engine was supplied by someone from the owners site who rebuilt it himself so i have know worries about the build i hope!!!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Was the fuelling sorted after the previous rebuild? It's a fair guess that melting 3 pistons and killing a turbo you were running high boost and possibly not enough fuel so it detted to death. (The ignition timing may need checking). So just a rebuild wouldn't stop it happening again. :(

Anyway, have a look under the bonnet, a boost hose may have come off, or it could be your AFM playing up. (Other possibilities could be faulty coolant temp sensor, blocked air filter and blowing exhaust)

A

Anonymous

I fitted a new uprated fuel pump theirs plenty of fuel going through, All the pipes are on and okay, been doing some research on owners site and have (fingers crossed) solved the smoke by putting a small filter on the breather pipe that comes off the rocker into the inlet pipe so that seems okay it runs and idles better!!! :eek:

Does anyone think it could be the blow off valve and bleed valve to get it up to 1 bar?

Keira

If the dump valve is leaking or has come off un-metered air will be going in and will cause havoc, lots of black smoke and car running like a bag-o-poop.

Happened to me and i got collared by the missus for changing dump valves, expensive new one :lol:

A

Anonymous

:lol: :lol: have told the wife the dump valve is f**ked so i have got to get a new one next week!!! Hopefully this will solve the problem it did cross my mind still its a good excuse to get a new one on the sly :D

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

sounds like piston rings if your getting excessive bowby :cry: sorry

A

Anonymous

going to do a compresion test tomorrow :cry: i may be breaking my car!!!!

O

Olly

Black smoke is OVERFUELLING unlikely to be ring land trouble yet. (blue on overrun sometimes) get your R checked for engine managment faults then if clear on that get it checked and setup on the rollers (before you do that engine some harm) :shock:

A

Anonymous

if tis over fueling will that effect the fact that the dump valve doesnt go??? :?

done the ecu test comes up with code 55 :? :?

Keira

like i said earlier it could be a faulty valve, its one possibility, un-metered air will cause the car to overfuel and probably wont rev up nicely, mine ran like a complete dog when it came off. Doesn't explain the amount of oil on the intake side though. :(

Take off the dump valve and blank off any hoses connected to it and see if that sorts the over fueling.

Would be a nice easy fix if thats whats causing it. If not f*ck knows what it is.......... :(