Help needed!!!!! PLEASE.

Pete Watson

Have been fitting a new FMIC today it is from Norris and is the Stage 2 Kit. Have removed all the front of the car and fitted a new Spec-r Radiator which is 70mm lower which accounts for the drop that the Kit requires. Started to fit the FMIC first problem was the IC inlet side would not line up with the Turbo Elbow after much time eventually managed to get it to fit but the hose has a nasty kink in it whcih can be right. Anyway i carried on bolted everthing in place as required went to shut the bonnet and it would not close about an inch out :? Then i noticed the Head Lights wouldn't fit back in place unless i cut the grill mounting brackets off, is this right?

Where am i going wrong?

Is the spec-r rad not low enough, even though it gives enough clearance for the Turbo Elbow. If i drop the IC more so i can close the Bonnet the IC won't meet up with the pipework :cry:

Really getting annoyed now, any help would be much appreciated

GINGA

Have you spoken to Norris designs about this problem yet :?: and what rad do they recommend to use with the kit :?:

Pete Watson

Have rang several times on Monday, Tuesday and today but no answer. Have left a message on their answer phone but no return call. To be honest i am not very impressed with the aftersales!!

They don't reccomend any other rad, all they say is to cut off the original mounts on the lower x-members and move them down 70mm and weld back in place, this sounds easy but you then have to cut out part of the lower strut tube to get clearance for the lower rad outlet. The next problem is the front engine brace/mounting this will be in the way so do you cut and move this (very difficult to keep the strength) or do away with it...god knows :?

You will have to cut off both grill brackets on headlights as these foul on the IC.

They do supply some fitting instructions but they are a bit basic and mention nothing about the Headlights or the Engine Mount.

Still...i will keep trying to get hold of ND.

The IC is of good quality and has a short pipe run which is good!!

Cheers Pete