Help needed please

plug

I just got this turbo timer and im just wondering if anyone could tell me what i need to fit it and what the yellow and green wires are for? I just looked through the 13 pages i got when a searched:cry:

And if anyone has any pics of theres fitted

plug

KF79GTIR said:
why bother fitting it at all a waste of time really
I used to drive a scooby and a garage i went to told me 2 get 1 for that cause the way i drive the car gets punished:oops: and i dont give it enough time to cool down

tomble

turbo timers are pretty pointless. do you have an alarm/immob fitted, as they can cause a bit of a headache with that too.

If you have neither, and you really have to have a turbo timer, i suggest you purchase an alarm/immob that has one built in.

Alternatively, you can keep the car off boost for the last mile or two of the journey/sit in it for a minute or so when you reach your destination.

All obvious stuff i know, but just my 2 pence..

Tom

D

deslynam

What tomble said - just cruise for the final couple of minutes before you switch off, much simpler and the coolant's not heating up whilst it's sat there either.
Also, AFAIK, it's also legally sketchy to use them on public highways.

tomble

Yeah, its an offence to leave a running vehicle unattended. Its refered to by the police as "quiting".
I almost got done for it when i was parked outside a local motor factors collecting an alternator (had to leave it running or no start again)
The police turned up, and told me how naughty i was for leaving it idling, as "the vehicle could indeed rattle itself into gear whilst stationary... (yeah right)

They were ok about it after i explained, and promiced NEVER to do it again...lol

Tom