Help needed urgently

G

GTiR Jon

Wonder if any of you lads can help with this one!? Kinda urgent as i wanna fix it for santa pop tomorrow.

Just had new skyline ic fitted and now the car has suddenly lost all power and sounds terrible. Its been ok for a week though it has felt a bit un responsive at times. Cars struggling to accelerate and looks to be puffing black smoke. Smells a bit rich too and pops out the exhaust.

I was thinking the pipe coming off the turbo to the intercooler may have a split in it!? Anyone reckon it would cause these symptoms??

Gonna have a look when its cooled but any idea's would be greatly appreciated as i may miss tomorrows show through it

C

Crazy

Sounds like a boost hose has come off somewhere mate :wink:

After we fitted my Forge front mounted intercooler the pipes would always come off on hig boost :roll: I remember on the way to the Jap Show last year I was racing a friends EVO 7 and then at 130.............bang..........and loads of black smoke. Thought it was a piston or something but all it was just a boost hose had slipped off :D

G

GTiR Jon

Ah i'll have a look! Cheers for that fella! Big relief. Getting dark now though so chances of finding it are pretty much 0.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It only needs a slight leak to run like a sack of shite as I found when my dump valve hose came off.

Given what you've just done, it'll be a boost hose somewhere. If you don't find anything, check again :wink:

G

GTiR Jon

Found a split in a rubber reducer pipe! Tryin to fix it with some leak fix and hermatite. Fingers crossed :roll: