help please........:oops:

sams13

right, the problem is my car sounds like its missing(3cyclinders) and the dumpvalve isnt as loud as it usually is, its a faint flutter. i think it could be an air leak but i have checked all boost and vacuum pipes etc. i have a new coil coming tomorrow. i have changed sparks, ht, dizzy cap. all compressions are good. just abit stuck and have run out of ideas on wot to try, your help would be much appreciated as i have only been a pulsar owner for 2months now....... cheers sam
:thumbsup:

When you say you have checked all pipes for leaks is that just visually? Mines been running poo for ages so I put together a bit of kit to pressurise the inlet side and found a hole in 1 of my intercooler pipes and 2 vacuum leaks I couldn't have found just by looking, might be worth trying it, there's a thread on how to cobble one together somewhere...

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Distributer won't make it run rich. Boost leak/maf/coolant sensor/leaking exhaust etc will.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
When? off boost/on boost/ all the time?

I had the recirc dump pipe come off mine and it ran like shite all the time.

sams13

at idle it runs rough popping etc, when its warm it hunts on the rev meter between 1-2 thousand. i cant feel a missfire under heavy acceleration but if i grandually go up u can hear it missing. its sweet as a nut goin down the rev range. if it helps the dumpvalve used to be alot louder and now it just flutters as if theres an air leak.i think it could be either a faulty injector or an air leak from inlet manifold area.. any other suggestions would be appriciated thanks sam

sams13

just done a fault code check and it came up with 34 so a guess its the DET sensor will it need replacing and would this cause my symptons.. cheers fast guy

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'd be tempted to clear the fault and do the test again a couple of times over the next few days after you've driven it.

There's still a good chance this could all be down to an air leak.

Where abouts are you?