help please techies

what do u peeps think of this turbo

• thats about its max capabilities

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

coxie

some kind of hybrid turbo...could be turbo dynamics/ ND hyper turbo can post picture if it helps. it looks almost identical to ND hyper turbo:?:

currently running 1.3 bar of boost :!:
0.64 a/r turbine housing
0.70 a/r compressor housing
watercooler centre
48 trim compressor wheel
48 lbs/min comp flow rate max
76 trim turbine wheel
uprated integral wastegate

coxie

its got forged pistons ,the above mentioned turbo,fully rebuilt standard/dakar gearbox,and the usual bits... :twisted: :twisted:

what do the standard 444cc injectors max out at :?:

GTIR-LOZ

if it is indeed identical to the hyper turbo, can you give me some info :D

whats the spool up like, is it alot worse than the standard turbo if you know, also have you any idea what power you are getting at 1.3 bar

coxie

it is a Norris Designs Hyper Turbo

spool up is nice and smooth starts to produce positive boost by 2100rpm and full boost(1.3bar) is acheived by 3000 rpm/3100rpm and continues to hold 1.3 bar up until 7100rpm where it starts to tail off. :twisted:

not had it on the rollers since moving the front mount and fitting the air induction relocation kit ,oil seperator. before this i had it at well lane and got 297 bhp and 286 lbft at @ 1 bar of boost. @1.3 bar of boost i would hope for 330 to 350 bhp :twisted: . hiteq have told me several times thats all i will get until i change injectors. :evil: :evil:

GTIR-LOZ

ah right thats pretty good then, i am considering that one myself, but im not sure when the oem one produces boost and has full boost by as mines kaput when you say almost identical what are the difference or are there no real running differences

coxie

the only difference i know of is that my compressor housing is slightly larger than the nd one. :shock:

GINGA

No probs with the engine then :wink: the standard injectors will be maxed I would have thought at 1.3bar with that turbo and even upping the fuel pressure I doubt would be enough to raise the boost further :( you might also find the standard maf is becoming a restriction to and will need changing to a larger item.
Think to make the best of the mods you've already got your going to need
Larger injectors 550cc's +
Larger Maf z32 one is the normal one
Uprated ecu or piggy back unit, powerfc,unichip,greddy emanage etc for the fuelling and timing can be adjusted to best suit your setup

coxie

lookin at the rolling road results further up the page what would be your estimate as to bhp and torque with the new bits fitted that i mentioned and also once it was mapped with z32 and the others you mentioned..i am estimating 330-350 bhp is this a good estimate. :?:

coxie

Have just been told by mr simon norris himself that it is an ND Hyper Turbo fitted to my car. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Thanks for all your help who contributed to this thread. :D