Help please

icecool70

Had this prob for a while now and still not got to the bottom of it. whats happening is after driving for a while my car decides to run crap basically..struggles to boost and sounds funny even on part thottle but if i turn the car of for 5mins it drives fine??? could this be the knock sensor causing this?
thanks guys

icecool70

done the fault code check and comes back as fine,checked for leaks...none there. where abouts is the ignition module located and how much for a new or good second hand bob? thanks for your replys guys

D

d2wul

i have the same prob had it for a while now, av changed lots of things still cant get rid of it:x

gtirx2

Try checking your base timing,years ago mine used to do the same when the timing was to far retarded.It would run good one min then crap the next depending on how it felt lol.I reset the timing and it was fine.

P

pulsarboby

there £20 delivered including paypal fees for a known good one, and as suggested try moving it away from head or by a tube of heatsink from a motor factors

icecool70

sorry but could someone tell me where it is because i dont have a clue? sorry for being thick lol i have tried searching but without success

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
By default, it was on the Y-bracket... but if you've taken that out who knows where it is now (which is why they can get too hot). It won't be too far from the distributor because the wiring has to go back to it. It might be bolted onto the side of the head.

I'd take a picture, but my car is locked in a workshop awaiting diagnosis at the moment.

D

d2wul

i done that but its still the same, only thing av no tried really is the 2 engine looms not the 1 that goes 2 the ecu as thats been changed. also some 1 told me 2 try an earthing kit. anybody used 1