Help! Red wire?

Timur 008

Red wire behind loose behind the center console (boost guages & head unit) any idea what can it be?

I taped it up coz it was blowing out my petrol fuse :cry: The car runs fine with out it... just v curious what it is for?? as everything else works!

geetee

hmmm.... dunno.

Might just be something a previous owner has run for a fog light switch or other accessory.

Does it look like it's part of the standard loom or just a stray wire floating about?

If the latter u'll need to trace it back - which can mean a lot of fun upside down with your head in the footwell.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

Timur 008

Cheers Geetee for that!

I tried tracing the wire back to see where it coming from but too much going on there. Its not the fog light as i put that on myself fresh from JP. The only thing that did get taken off b4 i got my hands on the car was a boost gauge?? could it be for this?

any other ideas :?:

cheers again!

geetee

A boost gauge would probably have a lighting power feed - and maybe another ACC +12V feed - depends on the type of gauge.

If everything works, I'd be inclined to just tape it up and leave it... u'll probably just end up disturbing something else trying to find out where it goes.

Is it permanently live (i.e. even with the ignition turned off), live on ACC, or live when the lights are turned on?

Cheers
GeeTee 8)