HELP....

A

Anonymous

2 things.
1. my abs light has suddenly come on so not sure what would cause this? a fuse? a dirty sensor? any idea chaps as the ABS works as do the brakes very well.

2. the bloody windows have all packed up working so not sure if it is a switch or a fuse of the whole unit? I have an alarm that has an auto closure and when it went funny, the windows went up but have never come down since. could it be a fault with the unit for auto closure?

anyone got a fuse layout diagam as want to check that out first.

cheers
nick

moved to problem section...zia

A

Anonymous

It could be the switch's on the drivers door, mine packed up and I had to buy a whole new unit....cost a fair bit as well!

A

Anonymous

cheers and that is what I am hoping it is not as could be a mare to sort out!!

will check the fuses first and then the connections as could be that.

nick

getting the air con done tomorrow as this weather is killing me!!

F

Fizzy

If it's the window control unit, there's a cheap way of replacing it :D

D

DazBGTIR

Nick, the ABS sensor went in my old GTI-R after only about 6 months. Took the front sensors out (which was an absolute bar-steward) and cleaned them up ... but it didn't fix the problem. Ended up getting a new one - which was around £180 (if my memory serves me correctly).

My drivers side switch-set broke as well ... which caused my windows to stop working (with the passenger one right down !) ... again had to get a replacement one ... cost over £100 (although I believe there's a cheaper alternative).

Good luck matey.

Daz

N

Ninja_tune_factory

the abs light just come on on my R last nite ...it was just a fuse that was bust

A

andy n

i've got window grief at the minute as well. the fuse is near the battery in the n/s wing. try that first.
does anyone know if the drivers door panel acts as a master control for all the windows as mine die every time i go out for a drive.

F

Fizzy

andy n said:
i've got window grief at the minute as well. the fuse is near the battery in the n/s wing. try that first.
does anyone know if the drivers door panel acts as a master control for all the windows as mine die every time i go out for a drive.
Yes, I believe it does. Cheapest and easiest way to replace it is to get one from a scrappy. Ok, I know 3 door Sunnys with electric windows are like rocking horse sh!t, but there's another way :D The 4 door Sunny has exactly the same control panel, but has 4 window switches. I think the LX model upwards have electric windows, but I can't remeber. Ok, once you've got the control unit, unscrew the faceplate. It's just 2 screws on the back of it. Then, unclip the 2 rear window switches. They come of real easy once the faceplate has been removed. Then, simply screw on the faceplate from your Pulsar, which covers up the holes for the rear window switches. JOB DONE! :D 8) I only paid £5 for mine :twisted: Might be worth putting this in the "How To" section?