help

F

finchy

can anyone help me out i need a gearbox the first day i bought mine got it home and its stuck in 3rd :cry: ive been told that th box definatley needs replacing if anyone got 1 going please please please phone me 07970669505

ps if theres a pair of strut braces and some lowering springs 60-80mm drop going i'll be up for them to thank you for any help

5GTIR

Hi finchy sorry to hear about your gearbox issues, you might want to have a word with the person you bought it from as these sort of problems generally don't just appear without warning unless you've tried some full blooded launch and damaged something that way. I also wouldn't write off the clutch being the source of the problem if it simply wont come out of 3rd. It could even be the clutch slave cylinder which I understand can be a weak point on R's, check that that the fluid is at the correct level and that it hasn't lost pressure that way, as if that goes then you would probably not be able to release the gear. Your more likely to have a spontanious problem with the clutch and clutch master cylinder then you are the gearbox so might want to bare that in mind before shelling out for a new box.

With regards to lowering the car 60-80mm I'd have to say that would probably cause you severe handling issues as once the car is lowered beyond 35-40mm, you'll start inducing positive camber when you go round bends due to the angle of the wishbones and suspension geometry. There are some great threads on here about suspension setups from people that have clearly tried every setup going. Just type suspension setups into the search bar and you'll be amazed at the amount of info there is. The one thing I've learned about the R's handling characteristics is that they are very sensitive, a small alteration of ride height or adding of strut braces can make a huge difference. Like I said use the search bar as its very helpfull when trying to find specific information

Good luck with everything

Ben

F

finchy

thanx m8 il check that lot n c wot hapens but does it mater that it pulls away n i cn push the cluch in n that it feels like the cluch works n thanx 4 the handling advise so u wud say no lower than 40mm do u kno of any strut braces goin at a resonable price i want a pair of cusco

John

finchy said:
thanx m8 il check that lot n c wot hapens but does it mater that it pulls away n i cn push the cluch in n that it feels like the cluch works n thanx 4 the handling advise so u wud say no lower than 40mm do u kno of any strut braces goin at a resonable price i want a pair of cusco
Just a heads up but you wont last long on this forum if you use text speak, use good old English then people will actually understand what you are saying :doh:

F

finchy

i cant spell so i just use txt lol n them springs and brace how much an can they be delivered to the isle of wight an its definatley the gearbox cause the clutch engaging an dis engaging proper
sori​