Here we go again!

D

damien4uuk

Ok next problem.
i seem to have a prob with one of the two pulleys at the top of the engine,
It started the otherday and sounded like a bird churping now its kinda got a little worse and seems to rattel or vibrate and sounds compleat shite! Whats wrong with it? and are the top pulleys aircon and water pump?

D

damien4uuk

Nope i replaced the alternator about 3 months ago and im pretty sure thats not the prob. The noise comes from one of the two pulleys. Not sure what it is prehaps a bearing or somthing?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Top one at the rear is power steering. Your pump maybe on the way out if it's that. Check the fluid level just in case.

D

damien4uuk

Well fluid was a little low but nothing really to cause a prob. I think its the one next to the power steering at the top. But my god its starting to get noisey. :(

gtir_john

you wanna have a listen to the p/s pump and around the other pulley, if you can get hold of a stethascope then good, if not use a screwdriver, put the blade on the pump and put ur ear on the handle. you want to be hearing a nice faint whirring noise, any rumblin/ squeeling then summats proper fooked.

D

damien4uuk

Well cheers lads used the old screwdriver trick and they both make a racket. Looks like a poor christmas then! So what do ya think these are gonna set me back then?

I

Innovate Performance

i have a couple of PAS pumps if you need one.