Hi all (new GtiR owner)

Pulsey

Hi guys my name is Ollie and from West sussex!Went and viewed a pulsar for the first time last weekend and just fell in love with it straight away! i put my deposit down the same day and i am collecting it tonight!
some of you may of seen it as it was on ebay but its a 1991 fresh imported grey pulsar with only 1 jap owner and i can say this it is MINT. there is not a mark on it and its only done 48k it has a full service history to and also inc a few mods

Tein Coilovers
Front,rear and center strut braces
short shifter and also the guy recons a uprated clutch but he needs to check the history

i have wanted one of theses ever since seeing them on the net and once i saw this and the condition it was in i had to have it! as i know theses car suffer from rust and gerabox problems if im correct? is there anything else to look out for? sadly the car will not be put on the road till june time due to waiting for my insurance to run out on my current car which is a mk1 Punto Gt

anyway heres a couple of photos from the add i think you can hapely say it is a very fine example:) no real plans for it at the moment just a nice set of dark alloys and to lower it a tad more. then maybe in the future start looking at upping the boost with a few engine mods and fmic etc..

will grab a couple more once its home

also here is my current car and my other project im doing at the moment if you lot are intersted

mk1 Punto gt running around 170bhp

and my mini thats un

under going some heavy work that involoves a big turbo and nitrous to push the 200 digits

anyway hope i didnt bore you all to much!

i shall look forward to chatting with you guys and hope you can help me if i run into any problems

will grab some more pics eithertonight or at the weekend after a good clean

cheers

Smo

Hi Ollie - nice looking R you have there mate. Rust on the rear arches and the gearboxes are what make the R notorious but if you have a well looked after car (which it appears you do) - you won't go far wrong. My car has been running 400bhp on a standard (rebuilt) gearbox for 19,000 miles without issue. If you're sure to change the oils regularly and be kind to her, she won't give you any hassle! Welcome to the club mate, you'll find everything you need on here and everybody is nice and helpful!

(Sell me your strut bar) :D

whytie

As above i dont see that much of an issue with the gearbox if you treat it right. If you start putting big power thro a 20 year old gearbox then you proberly will get problems just like you would with any car.

Welcome to the club

Pulsey

LOL at the punto, maacyyy deees

well least you like a varied selection of cars

welcome

sorry i didn't relies Abarth accessories was classed as chav.

Thanks for the warm welcome:) and yes i should think it will be fine as the main reason i got it and paid so much for it was due to the condition it is in. plan is to strip it underneath and give it a couple coats of under seal and a good wax! and service it every 6mths

shroom

sorry i didn't relies Abarth accessories was classed as chav.
no a fiat punto turbo is in my eyes telford has a few,

if your undersealing it get inside and take the back door cars off and get right inside the inner arch as thats were it usualy gets in through from the window seal thing

dotalot

Punto GT's rock!! Though I think they suffer with worse gearbox problems than R's do. lol.
Both cars look very tidy by the way. I think the punto is very tastefull.

willgbr

Hi welcome to the club, nice R, awful punto, cool mini :D
sorry i just hate punto's with a passion! :)

ur R looks very nice and clean though, and its got one of those Do-Luck middle braces on which is really rare, nice :)

Pulsey

well its home! and it drives lovely! no knocks or rattles!

also after a good look have found it has a lower brace,short shifter(one of the best short shifters i have used very short and just slots into gear!,uprated clutch

couple of piccys
(the bonnet was open on first one)

one very happy R owner!

Pulsey

just given the car a good check over seeing as its first time its been dry!

could someone just confirm if these parts are uprated or standard?

just seem to keep finding more goodies

cheers
ollie

projectgtir

hi and welcome bud .Your R looks very nice.
if you dont mind how much did you pay and what grade was is it classed as when imported.

Pulsey

Thanks for the warm welcomes:)

will be taking the r to work sat to get it on the ramp give it it's final check over and a 5hour detail

I got it down to 4k in the end. It's allot I know but if you could see the condition Its in and the few mods it has but i think it will be worth it

cheers

vss irvine

more likely to be a hks panel filter, and the magnecor leads,

do-luck body brace inside

gab front strut brace

Spikey

oh might be worth looking at your brakes if they are std. they are not up to the job and ideally want upgrading.