Hi I'm new but this is what i'm looking at 4 mods...

A

Anonymous

Hi All

I have 60000km GTiR and i like do some mods to it..

I'm looking at;
HKS Cams
Unichip ECU
Some type of boost controller
BOV
Down Pipe
Full Exhaust Systems
Cold air intake
Bigger fuel pump and injectors.

I don’t want to touch the turbo but I like run it at 1.4bar

I will upgrade the clutch and use B & M short shifter.
The wheels I’m looking at 17inch chrome mags with bigger brakes and new suspension kit.

Is there any thing else I need?

Mr GTiR

a new turbo cos at 1.4 bar the standard won't last long. It will deliver over 300bhp but won't last long. I'm on my 4th turbo LOL :p

O

Odin

That should all be ok matey 8), Apart from the turbo it will run 1.4 bar
but not for long and will get very hot, If I where you I'd stick to 1.2 bar
as this should get you 300 + bhp and give you a longer turbo life :wink:.

Rob

A

Anonymous

How long would the turbo last at 1.2?? What type 1/4 mile u think i would get? I like a flat 13

S

Sirnixalot

Demogorgon said:
I'm looking at;
HKS Cams
Unichip ECU
Some type of boost controller
BOV
Down Pipe
Full Exhaust Systems
Cold air intake
Bigger fuel pump and injectors.

I don’t want to touch the turbo but I like run it at 1.4bar

I will upgrade the clutch and use B & M short shifter.
The wheels I’m looking at 17inch chrome mags with bigger brakes and new suspension kit.

Is there any thing else I need?
Ditch the unichip.....it doesnt do well with larger injectors. Get an Emanage.

looks like you only want around 330bhp (max that the stock turbo can deliver). It doesnt make sense pushing the stock turbo past 1.2bar because it you get loads of reversion and it makes all the boost moot.

You can keep the stock injectors and run them at 4 bar of fuel pressure. Or you can use a set of 555cc injectors at the stock 3bar fuel pressure. See this thread if you need more info on that http://forum.gtiroc.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=17848 .

You will need to upgrade the fuel pump for certain, the Walbro 255lph is the cheapest and most popular unit.

The mongoose seems to be the most popular exhaust but be warned its loud.

Intake kit....the apexi or blitz...you are on your own for a cold air kit though....will have to get your own heat shield made up and for that its best to relocate the battery to the boot.

Boost controller....profec b...easy, simple, effective and cheap too

Stick with an organic clutch as its gear box friendly. Helix or Ap

Find the lightest 17's you can afford if you are set on that size

There are a few big brake kits out...most people have Hi-specs, brembos or wilwoods (correct me but i dont think brembo or wilwood make specific kits...i think these kits are 3rd party...they just use brembo or wilwood calipers)

O

Odin

Demogorgon said:
How long would the turbo last at 1.2?? What type 1/4 mile u think i would get? I like a flat 13
My car ran a 12.3 1/4 mile last year on the stock turbo at 1.2 bar :wink:.

I also had a front mount though :wink: , I got 311bhp and 304lb's of torque on powerstations rollers but my motec helps a bit :twisted: :lol: .

rob