hi spec

rossdj1983

jus about to get hold of a set of 300mm hispecs, jus wondered what are the smallest rims and off set i can get away with. also what do you guys do with the rear brakes to uprate them???

P

pulsarboby

i got some with 4 pots and they will not fit under 15s. 16s is the smallest you can go!
with rears you only really need to upgrade pads, best thing to do is fit an aftermarker brake bias valve, which you can control internally from driver seat.
unless of course you have loads of money you want to throw at it!

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
iirc you can get away with 16's. Hi-spec also offer a bigger disc option for the rears, your best off giving them a call for more info.

As for getting bigger rear disc's I would leave it for now and see how you get on with your OEM rears. You could get up rated pads if needed, but if you don’t need bigger rear's then don’t waste your money on something you don't need!

All depends on your set-up and what you want from your car?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I’ve actually got willwoods on mine at the moment with standard rear disc’s/pads and so far they do their job great.

Trying to remember when I spoke to hi-spec, they said it was around 35mm offset

P

pulsarboby

you will find answer to that in a recent thread, dont think theres much between them!
like andy said rears aint really worth touching unless your planning some serious track use!

GTiRlover

pulsarboby said:
best thing to do is fit an aftermarker brake bias valve, which you can control internally from driver seat.
Where would one find more info on this? Are they effective at calming the rear end under heavy braking?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'm sure I saw someone with 304mm 4pots under 15" superleggeras or something a few years back now.