high speed stability

zia

was putting the r through it's pase's accelerating from 80mph to cough ..cough :lol: :wink: tripple figure's the r's steering lose's feeling and the car doesn,t feel solid or stable. anybody else get this at highish speed? have coilover's /bushes etc.

zia

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I've taken my car to bizzare speeds and its been fine...

Currently on TEIN Coilovers... Was fine when on the GABs too...

Rishi

zia

it's fine on straight but on twisty/bumpy the front end feel's loose (not solid) was doing *2* at 5000rpm and backed off as i lost my bottle :D

zia

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Well i've always had the front slightly lower than the back...

TOE set to -1... Camber in a few mm/deg...

Can arse about at all sorts of speeds and its fine... Much better with the TEIN HA's though...

Rishi

zia

the front is couple of mill lower than the back.toe is parrallel.camber is 1.5 negative at front.rear toe to .5.tyre have 34 psi and are on 3/4 mm
also have anti lift kit.
zia

Dooie Pop Pop

Fast Guy said:
I took mine to the redline in 5th tonight and it felt solid as a rock. :D
ooh that poor headgasket :lol: iv had it to the redline in fith with standard shocks, springs and about 60% of the original bushes :shock: :lol: felt fine all the way baby 8)

corners? now corners are a different story :lol: the rear end feels more solid on the road than the front but it think thats down to me more than the car :? :lol: iv thrown it round a few corners with lots of room for me to lose it just to see what' d happen and the old girls always just gripped and dragged me round 8) not tried it in the wet though cos im a nancy :oops:
iv got solid mounts, bumpsteer kit and a few new bushes on the front, the rears are standard still :wink: