hispec flexi squeak

davey red.r

willwoods are well known for the flexi squeking and turning the callipers under braking from day one:doh:
i didnt expect my hispecs to start doing it:sad:
after about 2 month
who else has the four billet front callipers that squeak under braking?
i should of got ap,s you only get what you pay for i guess:doh:

davey

gtirjoey

davey red.r said:
willwoods are well known for the flexi squeking and turning the callipers under braking from day one:doh:
after about 2 month
davey[/quote

I used to have ap's everthing single weekend i would have to copper slip pads or they would sound worse than a bus.
you can buy a blue glue for this that you apply to the pad and it glues the pad to the pistons to stop them moving. i wll find out the name of the stuff tomorrow at work

davey red.r

gtirjoey said:
davey red.r said:
after about 2 month
davey[/quote

I used to have ap's everthing single weekend i would have to copper slip pads or they would sound worse than a bus.
you can buy a blue glue for this that you apply to the pad and it glues the pad to the pistons to stop them moving. i wll find out the name of the stuff tomorrow at work
nice one joey;-)

davey

davey red.r

GTIR-LOZ said:
what on earth does that mean?
it means that they are crap and probably are the cheapest nastiest four pot conversion you can get for the r, unlike brembo or ap ive had willwoods twice and they are crap,
thats why third time round i got hispecs,and it seems them too are crap:sad:

davey

GTIR-LOZ

how can a brake hose turn a caliper if its bolted down correctly?? or am i missing something, you need to grease the parts of the pad that come incontact with the caliper i.e the piston areas and the sections where the pad sits in the caliper with some special high temperature pad grease

davey red.r

GTIR-LOZ said:
how can a brake hose turn a caliper if its bolted down correctly?? or am i missing something, you need to grease the parts of the pad that come incontact with the caliper i.e the piston areas and the sections where the pad sits in the caliper with some special high temperature pad grease
i dont know how it is turning my callipers:?
you tell me,all i know is that when i put my foot on the brake there is a grinding stretching noise travelling from pedal to calliper and the callipers have slight movement in them,
there bolted down correctly,i eagerly await your reply

davey

Last edited:

GTIR-LOZ

where do you get the play is it pulling the caliper away from its mounts or is it a rocking movement side to side, my wilwoods never had any play in the caliper atall

nitrosgti-r

it wouldn't be you wheels fouling the calipers would it? In which case you would need a wheel bearing replacement. How much clearance do you have between your calipers and wheels?