hispecs rear?

davey red.r

i may be getting bigger disks for my front 310s,
what im wondering is would i be able to put hispec on the rears do they do a rear conversion?

Last edited:

saddler

davey red.r said:
what im wondering is would i be able to put my hispec 285s on the rear?
cant say ive heard of it done,
but i bet someone has, with some modding required?

thanks davey;-)
intresting topic i will watch this as i also want upgraded rear disks

Last edited:

youngsyp

davey red.r said:
what im wondering is would i be able to put hispec on the rears do they do a rear conversion?
I would think you would be able to put them on the back.... with some modding ! :lol:

You'd need a new caliper mounting bracket, to space the caliper out for the larger disk, as well as moving it laterally, to suit the front disks shallower offset.
The gravel guard would also need removing from the rear hub, as I'msure you did with the front one.

The only thing that could cause an issue, is the shallower offset of the front disk.

Paul

davey red.r

tbh im quite happy with my rear pagid grooved disks,
to be bothered with that carryon paul:lol:

just thought with getting 310s for the front, id have hispec 285s spare in good nick,
these will be for sale now.

regards

davey;-)

davey red.r

ive got hispec billet 4callipers on at the min with 285discs,
if i get 310 will these go straight on? surely the calliper will have to be moved forward to compensate those extra mm wont they:?

davey

Mr GTiR

Just bear in mind before doing this conversion that the rear calipers are built for a hand brake cable while the front do not have this.

Braveheart

I did a bit of research into this last year. Ashills gave me some good pointers and got some good info from a guy in Aus.
You can fit an additional seperate caliper/stopper purely for the handbrake.
I'll see if I can dig the info up!

youngsyp

davey red.r said:
tbh im quite happy with my rear pagid grooved disks,
to be bothered with that carryon paul:lol:

regards

davey;-)
I recently gave my read pads a freshen up and noticed they had a small protrusion engineered into the pad backing. This caused the piston to only press on a very small area of the pad and give very uneven wear to the inside pad and inside of the rear disk. Basically, only half the pad was touching the disk face and, it would seem full pressure from the caliper piston wasn't being applied either.

Anyway, I decided to grind off the small protrusion, as I wanted full pad and disk contact and, I was worried that the piston would be forced out on the pi$$ and damage the seal and bore.
The 5 minutes of work was well worth it as, the brakes are much better now. You can really feel the rears working and they really contribute to the overall braking effect, as well as keeping the car stable.
I use stock rear disks and Pagid 'fast road' pads currently for info.

Have a look at your pads and see if they are the same. You'll be able to tell by looking at the outer pad so, you won't even need to remove a wheel to see !
If the your pads do have the small protrusion, remove it and see how you feel about the brakes then...

Paul