Home made dash?

STU666V

Has anyone made a new dash for the Pulsar?
I was thinking in having a go at one over the winter with the spare pulsar i have! How much weight is the dash? Was thinking on removing the heater and fitting a little fan to demist my windscreen and for the MOT? Also just a half dash just the drivers side?
Thats if i ever get time to do it as i am back offshore on monday and were having a little kid in 4 weeks :thumbsup: mini me :lol: will need to make a little bucket seat for it and a small harness :-D

KF79GTIR

You have got the right idea, i have to work out how to get 2 mini buckets in the back of my motor, you have got to pass the pasion on to the next generation i cant wait untill my boy asks to get the spanners out i have already started a Snap On tool kit for him and he is only just out of nappies.

vss irvine

the actual dash board doesnt weigh that much, its all the bits up under it that bring the weight up. theres the fan box, air con matrix(if equipped) a box to route the air to different vents etc etc, if you take the dash out, youll soon work out what you can get rid of!!!

MarkTurbo

STU666V said:
Was thinking on removing the heater and fitting a little fan to demist my windscreen and for the MOT?
Couldnt you just do away with that lot and have a heated windscreen?

P

pulsarboby

you dont need a heater for the mot! and just rip the other boxes out but retain the blower unit and matrix, it doesnt weigh much at all

STU666V

MarkTurbo said:
Couldnt you just do away with that lot and have a heated windscreen?
I was thinking this as a few cars in my class has this, Not sure on the cost of the heated windscreen?
Cheers

STU666V

pulsarboby said:
you dont need a heater for the mot! and just rip the other boxes out but retain the blower unit and matrix, it doesnt weigh much at all
Yes might have a look at this too?
Cheers lads.