Hot starting

GTIR1000

Done a search on here seem to find many topics the opposite way round to mine. But recently i have found that when starting the r from stone cold it turns over once fires up instantly but when warm it sometimes takes a while. Now i have read on here a few things to check and i have cleaned the maf sensor, compression shows 160 across all four cylinders, plugs look ok, i have put a new dizzy and rotor arm on. So would i be right in saying it could be fuel pump related i have just fitted a few minor mods ie filter and exhaust and it seems to be a bit worse could it need setting up properly,or ignition leads but it only does it when hot and im still running the small jap battery they come with when imported

cheers jamie

danr

i used to get the same on my fto. start first time from cold, then after stopping then getting back in would not fire. turn off then on again would fire.
i know on them there is the IFS (ignition failure sensor), but could be air in fuel line, lambda. never did sort it, few others had it too for years with no ill effect. could be overfuelling with new exhaust, thus flooding engine a little,..

P

pulsarboby

could be a weak ignition module, they generally cause the car to play up when its hot starting

GTIR1000

still getting this problem is the above link what i need anyone or is this just a coil, or am i right in assuming it is easy to take the coil and module of to clean them both up a bit :)

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Mine is mounted like that too; I think I cable-tied it to the inlet piping just after the MAF. - I thought I had a picture, but not on this PC evidently.