How can i get 9000RPM reliably?

buffalobilla

Can i take it upto 9000RPM without something goin wrong on a stock engine?
if not what needs to be done to the engine? forged piston?

O

Odin

You would need to get the hole bottom end lightend and balanced to go to 9k as well as some stronger rod bolt's and even new rod's too maybe. Then your'ed need better cam spring's and a rocker stopper kit as well.

rob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Top end will need quite abit of work to help it breath at that rpm.
You'll need dual valve springs (probably), titanium retainers (lighter than standard items) and a set of cams that will work that high in the rev range

I

Innovate Performance

Mate you would be looking at a full rebuild and if you want to rev it that high then i would put a new set of rods in there. And then a bit of head work and some 272 cams you should see 450BHP with the right parts bolted on the engine.

You will also need engine management if you have not got any all ready.

regards

kyepan

u don't need to revit to 9k to get flames.. or spend silly money.

putting on an atmospheric dump valve richens the mixture when you shift and dump the boost.. that and a decent exaust/fuel pump/air fuel controller and a bit more boost should see some natural flames.. if not , just buy a flamer kit its easier.. flames a go go.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
buffalobilla said:
coz i want flamez comin from my exhaust naturally when i change gear. dnt wanna get a flamer kit, they look fake

You want to spend thousands and thousands of pounds becuase you want flames out your exhaust.... :shock: :? :?

HAHA!!... Just wait until V sees this... :lol:

Basic breathing mods will give you natural bangs, pops and flames...

Exhaust with De-Cat, BOV, Induction Kit...

buffalobilla

ive got an apexi induction kit and BOV at the moment. so if i put on a mongoose turbo back decat your sayin it will backfire? :lol:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
buffalobilla said:
ive got an apexi induction kit and BOV at the moment. so if i put on a mongoose turbo back decat your sayin it will backfire? :lol:
Yes!...

I

Innovate Performance

mate just run a bit more fuel and it will flame like a bas*tard :D Down side you need to by some form of fuel controler. :(

Dooie Pop Pop

that was a funny thread to read :lol: was gonna say if you want a reliable 9000rpm buy a bike :!:

id rather have 9000rpm 2ltr than a stroker anyday btw :wink:

MarkTurbo

Innovate Performance said:
mate just run a bit more fuel and it will flame like a bas*tard :D Down side you need to by some form of fuel controler. :(
Yeah but a fuel controller is slightly cheaper than a full rebuild to withstand 9000rpm just to get a few flames :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I

Innovate Performance

MarkTurbo said:
Innovate Performance said:
Yeah but a fuel controller is slightly cheaper than a full rebuild to withstand 9000rpm just to get a few flames :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
But think of the power he would have gained with it. :D and the gearboxes he would have broken :( . :lol: :lol:

Nad

Dooie Pop Pop said:
that was a funny thread to read :lol: was gonna say if you want a reliable 9000rpm buy a bike :!:

id rather have 9000rpm 2ltr than a stroker anyday btw :wink:
What about a 9000rpm 2.2lt then :wink: forged can take 8500, I think u can guess what the billet one does :p

R

robinsongtir

my billet 2.36 can rev to 8500rpm so a 2 litre with all the right mods should be able to do 9000rpm