HOW DO YOU BOYS MOUNT HER?

P

PaddyPower

Just wired up my apexi avcr and am wondering where to mount it. My thaughts are as follows.

1) Although i like them mounted on top of the dash, i think this is far to inviting for little chave bar stewards to resist.

2) Then got told that top of windscreen was good and also looked the business too. When i temp fixed it up there, it obstructed my view, even at the top as i am 6 3. OK on top of rear view, but looked a bit naf.

3) have seen it mounted in the midle air vents before and think this is the way to go, especially as my heaters dont work. Have any of you got a pic of them located here? Is it easy to do? How is the best way of doing it?

TA.

1000ny

stick it on your steering wheel, remove your rearview mirror and put it there, strap it to your thigh, wear a baseball cap with a very large peak and have it dangling off the end,mount it in your boot like so many sad w4nkers who stand in mcdonalds car park and watch tv from outside the car, put it on the outside of your windscreen with a bonnet lip covering it 8) ,cut it in half and glue half to each hand, or mount it in your heater vents like you said.

just a few ideas, the baseball cap ones what i would do. :D

A

AJ4

I've seen a couple mounted in the sun visor, so you can flip them out of the way ( and hide them ) when you are not using it.

Mr GTi-R, what's the material surrounding the unit? Looks like dense foam rubber... I was thinking of relocating mine (it's velcro'd to the dash atm :oops: ) but I'm wondering how to secure it...

P

PaddyPower

To the 2 with the pictures. That is exactly what i am after. How easy is it to do? What have you done to get it like that?

I reckon there they are very visable when in use, but out the way so that thieving shehights cant clock them easily.

DavidGTiR

Ah, just read 1st post :oops:

Im 6'2 and had no bother with vision etc

How about double sided velcro or tape right on the back of the AVC-R and the window. This will angle it down more and let you see better.

P

PaddyPower

Dee 1 said:
PaddyPower said:
DavidGTiR said:
??????????????????

A splendid idea, but it blocks my vision.
Just mount it in the vents with some carbon 8) i may even have some big enough to do it mate :D

If ya do take the strut paddy then you can have a look 8)
Cant afford that sort of dosh for the strut at the moment mate. Propa skint! Have you got one of those vent installs? I am sure i could afford to take one of them off your hands.

How is it done? Remove vents, foam cut to the shape, covered in that carbon film?

D

Dee 1

PaddyPower said:
Dee 1 said:
PaddyPower said:
DavidGTiR said:
??????????????????

A splendid idea, but it blocks my vision.
Just mount it in the vents with some carbon 8) i may even have some big enough to do it mate :D

If ya do take the strut paddy then you can have a look 8)
Cant afford that sort of dosh for the strut at the moment mate. Propa skint! Have you got one of those vent installs? I am sure i could afford to take one of them off your hands.

How is it done? Remove vents, foam cut to the shape, covered in that carbon film?
Na mate have`nt got one cut out but have a bit of real carbon fibre big enough to make it out of 8)

J

justin666

Window window window. :D

Just wanted to post the pic again to be honest :lol:

J....

Mr GTiR

Major_Sarcasm said:
Mr GTi-R, what's the material surrounding the unit? Looks like dense foam rubber...
it's black alcantara. My bro made a panel out of thin mdf and smooths it in using bodyfiller. Then retrimmed it in alcantara.

I have not got the patience to do sh1t like this, i just let me bro take care of it :wink: