how do you change gearbox oil????

R

rice_thief86

where is the gearbox oil nut located so i can drain the gear oil?? How do i add gear box oil where is the other nut for it?

O

Odin

The gearbox drain plug is under the gearbox supprisingly ;-) , And the filler plug is on the front of the gearbox right by the front gearbox/engine mount on the passenger side of the engine compartment matey, It's very tricky to get to mate and some kind of oil pump would be the best way of getting oil in, Or just use a long pipe and a funnel like I did last time :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Ps the drain plug is the one nearest the passenger side, the big one is the transfer box one matey before you ask :roll: .

youngsyp

Just to add, use some PTFE tape (plumbers tabe) on the threads of both plugs when you put them back in. That will stop any pesky leaks from them !

Ricky_GTi-R

Thunder God said:
The gearbox drain plug is under the gearbox supprisingly ;-) , And the filler plug is on the front of the gearbox right by the front gearbox/engine mount on the passenger side of the engine compartment matey, It's very tricky to get to mate and some kind of oil pump would be the best way of getting oil in, Or just use a long pipe and a funnel like I did last time :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Ps the drain plug is the one nearest the passenger side, the big one is the transfer box one matey before you ask :roll: .
Haha dont use a pipe with funnel, took us nearly 2 hours to fill the bugger up:doh: :doh: :shock: lol

Ricky

O

Odin

Ricky_GTi-R said:
Haha dont use a pipe with funnel, took us nearly 2 hours to fill the bugger up:doh: :doh: :shock: lol

Ricky

Did I say it was going to be easy ? :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Ricky_GTi-R

Thunder God said:
Did I say it was going to be easy ? :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob
True you did not say it was gona be easy Rob, but you never explained just how crap a job it is:lol: ;-) We had the car up on a 4 pillar ramp aswell:oops: :shock: lol

Ricky

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
After putting my Forge front mount on, (pipe run gets in the way abit), I found a funnel into abit of old hose pipe going past the right hand side of the radiator worked a treat. Couldn't have been easier.:thumbsup: