How do you launch one of these things??

J

Jim_1979

TRied a few launches at 3krpm, 4kprm .... it just bogs down. Scared of launching at anything higher incase I kill something!!

So what is the best way to launch one of these beastys? I spoke to my garage and they said you practically have to redline it!! :shock:

Dooie Pop Pop

standard turbo, 5000-5500rpm and a quick (not side step) clutch release you get you what you want....

iv been launching mine at 6000rpm:shock::lol:

does this mean that the garage have been launching your caR?:shock:

Fazz

Hi Jim,

Yes as dooie pop pop (ps I think u should add a bang at the end dooie! :) ) said, the best way is to rev up to 5.5k and quick release.

Do a search and u will see the same thread a few times.

But by god do they launch when they go!

No wonder scoobys are scared to race any gti-r...

Good luck hunting!

SickBoy

As i will have my new engine this weekend and a spare gearbox i feel a few launches comming on :twisted: :twisted:

Lee

J

Jim_1979

Dooie Pop Pop said:
standard turbo, 5000-5500rpm and a quick (not side step) clutch release you get you what you want....

iv been launching mine at 6000rpm:shock::lol:

does this mean that the garage have been launching your caR?:shock:

lol..... nah... they have a gti-r for taking to events etc. Pitty mine is faster tho... lmao.

CruiseGTi-R

bring clutch up when engine is revving upwards, not revs slowing down if you know what I mean.

If you bring clutch up as needle passes say 4.5k with revs still building it won't bog.

Or blip at around 5k and bring clutch up.

If revs are falling you've more chance it'll bog.

Or, pin right foot to the floor, sidestep clutch and watch the world fizz past (and a few cog fragments).

A

AJ4

Dooie Pop Pop said:
Dooie Pop Pop Bang! i like it lol
lol, going by where the original name came from, shouldn't it be

Dooie Pop Pop Squitter.... :D

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Trick I've found is to keep blipping the throttle at 5000-5500rpm to keep the turbo spinning, then sidestep the clutch and enter Warp Factor 9. Helped me get my 0-60 of 4.0 secs at Brunters last year ! (And thats on a Helix Organic Clutch)

Cheers,

donpulsar

Dooie Pop Pop

AJ4 said:
lol, going by where the original name came from, shouldn't it be

Dooie Pop Pop Squitter.... :D
lmfao! or Dooie plop plop splosh:lol:

be carefull using the blipping method you need to time the clutch release 100% or you' ll catch it as the revs drop;-)

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
I try to keep the clutch just under the biting point, so the sidestep is hort and as you say, keeps me from losing revs.

J

jpward

What ever happened to "Driver her like you stole her" method :p

houghy_1

It always make laugh when i see you turn round once your in 5th to make sure the cameras still there:lol: :lol: 8)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
stumo said:
nasty crunching sounds........:sad:
It's alright, you can't hear it with the helmet on. so it's not there:whoo:

To be honest, I've never heard it before (unlike the crunch going into 5th), so I'm not sure if it's something inside thecar moving maybe:?