how feck....

S

stomski

...do i get the bloody gear knob of?

ive bought a new 1 to day, but for the life of me cannot get the old 1 off.

currently got the standard leather 1 on and its cut to pieces after i went at it with a knife after i couldnt pull it off. :evil:

Help!!! :(

S

stomski

nope, cant get the f*cker off.

cut thru the leather, its got wot looks like some rubber/glue pad thingy?!!

tried turning it anti-clockwise, wont move a bit.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'd be tempted to try some molegrips, but watch you don't bust anything on the gearlever assembly if you have to give it big licks. :oops:

A

AndrewD

ive got a piston from a stratt and briggs lawnmower engine as mine hehehe

been cromed tool lol

M

memski

devylboi said:
ive got a piston from a stratt and briggs lawnmower engine as mine hehehe

been cromed tool lol
lol, now that I've gotta see, got a pic?:)

S

srbpower

Dude if its anything like the on my 200 then its a both feet on the dash and really twist the shite out of it to break the glue. Felt like I was pulling the gear box out though the car. Came off in the end though :shock: :D

Give it some stick and it will come loose!

Si :)

S

stomski

cheers guys :D

just about to get into the car with a swiss army knife, hammer and a couple of clamps :shock: :cry:

S

stomski

at last, got the ba*tard off, had to cut away from the bottom and then it started to unscrew - bloody cars!!

cheers for the advice. :D

A

Anonymous

reminds me of my mates pug you pull them off! sat there pulling & pulling when it eventally came off I nearly dispered into the boot! over the rear seats! :lol: :lol:

H980 Pulsarkid

Hahaha i can imagine that - mine unscrewed really easily but I had a similar problem on a car I used to own so - red raw hands all round !

:lol: :lol: