How long to heat up?

A

Anonymous

Just wondering if anyone could tell me how long it should take for the water temp to heat up to its normal operating temp? Just wondering if my thermostat is stuck open as it takes a lot longer to warm up compared to my old subaru?!

turblio

I tend to watch the oil temp and when that has got up to usual position
I thrash the nuts off it :lol: not really :shock:
Frank

A

Anonymous

Ye its about 15 minutes on mine for the water to get up to temp, just seemed along time thats all, especialy when I have my heater set on the climate control it dont normally turn on until I get to work!

What temp should the oil run at, as mine normally just sits slightly above the 7?

A

Anonymous

ye that is a bit of a hmmmmmmm, quite a difference really! Any idea on what everyone else runs at? Thought it seemed a bit low the way it was only just showing a reading on the guage!

A

Anonymous

My oil temp after driving around for awhile generally sits around 8 ish. The water temp guage takes about 8 mins to reach a little under half way, where it sits all the time.

Kev.

kevgti-r

what oil are you using? because when i used to use 10/40 the oil temp never went higher than 7.5. i now use 10/60 and it stays at 8.5

GINGA

Mine will be at full coolant temp in under 2 miles of steady driving and at full oil temp (about 8 ) after about 4 miles then the fun begins :twisted:

A

Anonymous

Im using Fuchs Silkolene 10-50, I gues it not too far out. It does sit just above 7, but with a little hard driving it goes just above 8.

mattygti-r

im haveing thoughts about my R too

takes about 15mins to warm up these days, thou driving back throu the v.heavy fog tonight the temp guage drops to just over the first digit then when it cleared it rose back up again :shock:

oil sits on 6 on start up 4 after it gets to wokring temp, then with a bit of thashing sits between 4-6 tops,

seems to be a bit over the place at the moment :cry: but only when its freezing cold and foggy does the temp guage dip about...

oil im using Mobil 1 15 50 and the oil temp guage bearly goes up maybe cos i drive it so slowly!!!!