How many are in the '400bhp' club??

Radleigh

Engine comes out for a rebuild shortly, just waiting on space so I can strip it all down to inspect the damage etc, I'll post pictures etc when I can, and also may start a 'build thread' if anyone is interested? :)

Spec will be

GT3071r
800cc injectors (not sure on make yet)
Custom FMIC
Custom exhaust manifold
Autronic ECU / Custom loom
Slight head work - (Not sure if I should go for cams yet.)
Eagle rods
Wiseco pistons
Worked crank
3" custom exhaust
ITG Filter
2.0 bar

Also toying with a shot of gas to. But thats a last resort thing.

Gearbox/brakes will be sorted to ;-)

Who else is in the 400+ membership:thumbsup:

warringtonjack

I'm not there yet, I'm still booting it around in my own little 1 Bar world. :lol: However, my current spec of my garage floor is:

Forged engine.
Quaiffe.
GT3076R.
OS Giken twin plate.
Kyosan 390l/hr pump.
Sard 1000cc injectors.
Z32MAF.

Maybe more underneath everything. :lol:

gtirneil

Hoping for 400+, so far i have

3071R
86.5mm CP pistons
Crower rods
Ported exhaust manifold
GTR intercooler
Side exit exhaust

Not much really, along way to go.

davey red.r

i should be there in about 4 month or so:-D
spec now.
quaife box.
hks forged pistons.
dawes device.
forge front mount.
alloy pulley setx3
z32 maf to go on with.
apexi super intake.
3071/2
700 sards,
hoping for map@1.5/1.7 bar.

davey

Last edited:

Adam L

I had mine at 1.7 bar, but I kept having spark problems, hence my shady power figure from Engine Advantages a few months back. I didn't even realise it was blowing the spark out as I wasn't driving it hard. In the short period it ran well, 1st gear was banging off the limiter as soon as it came on boost and second was the same. It was definatley quick.

Bottom end is knocking now, the shells need doing. I somehow started losing oil.

Radleigh

EVOBAD said:
ul find ther are a few with 400plus but most of them ant on the road due to problems
What kind of problems though....

If an engine is built/mapped and looked after, it should be fine for thousands of miles!

Obviously Pulsar's suffer from box problems, but again... Look after it, and it'll look after you.

EVOBAD

u can use all the best parts for the engine but nothing is bullet prof if your runing a big power R ul allways have problems,if you have spent £££££££ most people will look after it but engines will allways be on the limit runing hight bhp,when u said getting it maped thats one major problem most companys are crap as u will find out

Radleigh

EVOBAD said:
when u said getting it maped thats one major problem most companys are crap as u will find out
I wont, I'm letting my tuner map what he wants to... hence my choice of management.8)

Alot of people choose a management and take it somewhere that don't have a clue what their doing, common problem!

billy187

im running 401 at 1.4 bar at the moment and everything works perfect since the day i got it....remap to 2bar soon i think :p

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
been there for about 3 yrs now, did it all myself bar the mapping and all still OK running nothing less than 1.6 bar, Running 1.8 atm

PaulB

Im just about there with 390 bhp, just another remap require should see me with around 420 - 450bhp

Arias forged pistons + Eagle rods
Gt3071 turbo
Injectors
MAF
Remapped Daughterboard
Std recon box

Pushing that std box, but like I just treat it with kid gloves and its looked after me so far.
New injectors required for the

MORF114

Ill be there in a couple of months just sold my DH bike to fund mapping, changing my front diff to the modena at moment and fitting my ap 4 pots just checkin the gud old forum for a tip!! lol ill be running 2 bar on 3071 one map on 98 and 1 map on race gas just to see what the 3071 will do at 2 bar on vp110 and for the strip ofcourse.