how many are rebuilding

rebuilding or not?

• Total voters

ashills

just seems everyone u speak to is rebuilding there engine at the minute so lets see a poll of people rebuilding now, in the last year or never

and maybe post some specs in teh thread ( or what ur hoping for)

chrisniss91

I have untouched internals :oops: Trying to sort out all the other bits first Injectors,MAF, then when it goes bang i'll save for a tomei 2.2 stroker kit, cams :lol:

J

J-GTi-R

Not starting a slagging match, but could the people who are getting rebuilds and stroker kits also say why they're spending that much on a 10 year old Nissan? Just asking out of interest, as I've always wondered what makes people go down that route.

O

Odin

I'm spending the money because you can't really go and
buy anything faster than an r so whats the point in spending
big bucks on something your spend even more money on makeing as fast as your r was :wink:, And does age really matter if you
look after you r it should go on for ever 8) :D , you could get a
skyline but it's no faster to a 100mph really not with out spending
sheds loads of cash first ,it is faster top end but where can you do
a 180mph with out being banned :cry:.

As for power levels after my rebuild i'm hopeing for 450-550 bhp
but I'll just have to wait and see :wink: .

chrisniss91

The reason i will be spending the money is because, The only other car i would want over my R is an R34 GTR which i'll never be able to get :cry: So that's why i am willing to spend the money and make it as fast as possible cos in my eyes i'm not getting rid for a good few years plus if i left it standard i'd get bored

A

Anonymous

Yeh age doesnt matter as long as the shell is a good straight shell not bent or rotten underneath.The way I see it is that when the engine is rebuilt you have a practically brand new car as your chucking out all old bits .

Rob whats happening with your car ?Look at it this way the people who are rebuilding are improving there cars.If you spent 10k on a new car these days youll end up with micra and what fun is that.What I dont understand is why people spend money on crappy novas they shoud all be scrapped

O

Odin

joeytribianni said:
Rob whats happening with your car ?
Not a lot at the moment mate I'm in the middle of moveing to scotland
so I'll have to wait till march when the new house is finished untill then
the r is in store. :cry:

A

Anonymous

Why dont you just sell the whole engine to someone whose blown theres and use the money towards a new one?As theres nothing wrong with it.

A

Anonymous

Why not buy a ready prepared engine?
Something like a Tomei Genesis Stage 4 engine?

Yours for 1,200,000 yen (exchange basis, not including shipping). Thats approximately £6500. Add shipping charges (2 way) and tax. It would probably work out the same if not cheaper than having your engine re-built.

The engine Includes :

Tomei 2.2L kit (includes 87mm pistons, forged h beam rods and full counter forged crankshaft)
Tomei valve guides
Tomei cams (solid type - customer choice)
Tomei adjustable pulleys
Tomei metal head gasket
Tomei B type valve springs
Tomei solid lifters
Tomei rocker arm stoppers
Tomei reinforced head studs
Tomei oversized baffled oil pan
Nismo bearings
Nismo thermostat
And a set of Denso Iridium plugs

Just add in your choice of ancillaries seperately depending on your requirements, drop the engine in and your done.

J

Jon

my R was slighyly smoking on gearchange, nothing major..it had been doing it for months,
out of pure love for everything about the R & the passion to keep it in as good a condition as i possibly can, it went for a rebuild & added shiny bits.
to me, it's money well worth spending..to others, it must be madness

i kinda nearly sold it the other night in a pub ( :?: ) for a very nice R32, beer talk!!think i hit double figures that night
very glad i didn't.
Jon

A

Anonymous

I was implying the ready built Tomei engine to those planning on getting/fitting a stroker kit... as even the kits themselves are around the £3-3500 mark, plus ofcoarse getting someone to built it on top of that.

For example if you wanted the Norris Design 400BHP conversion kit, its around £10,500. :shock: and that is'nt even a stroked engine or including fitting costs! :evil: