How much power??

gunmetalgtir

Not had the chance to take my R to a rolling road and was just wondering if any1 had a rough idea what kind of power its pushing out. Its got hks induction kit, hks spark plugs, full mongoose s/s with de-cat pipe, and its running standard boost. Any1 got a rough idea??

Gray

Identical to my set up, although I think I have a Walbro Fuel Pump
Would be interested to know.

I'd hazard a guess at 240?

gunmetalgtir

cheers lads! :D Quite happy with that, but wouldnt mind it being a lot higher! :wink: How much extra power do you gain with the walbro? What would be the best thing to buy to get the most power for the least dough?

gunmetalgtir

Would 1 bar be safe? :? what power would it be pushing out after that? The old owner gave me a rolling road printout, and its got 297bhp with 347 torque but I think hes talking poo! :lol: The car came from japan 6 years ago and hes been the only owner so theres a chance that theres been some stuff done that he doesnt know about! :shock:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
bengilmore said:
there's loads of info on going to 1bar on the forum.
Do a search and ull see :wink: 8)

Although most searches lead to other topics that just tell you to do a search because its been asked that many times...

i think i need to do a massive write up on turbos, boost, spec etc and add it to the Tuning Section...

I'll work on it over the next few days when i'm free...

Rishi

Hill_Billy

RishiGTiR said:
bengilmore said:

Although most searches lead to other topics that just tell you to do a search because its been asked that many times...

i think i need to do a massive write up on turbos, boost, spec etc and add it to the Tuning Section...

Rishi
<3

N

Ninj-r

gunmetalgtir said:
Would 1 bar be safe? :? what power would it be pushing out after that? :shock:
Yes its safe and you could get 280 ish hp as a rough average.

Thought I'd get my post count up by 1 :D :oops:

gunmetalgtir

RishiGTiR said:
bengilmore said:

Rishi

Sounds good!!! :lol: Cheers for all the help guys! :D

Gray

Ill be going up to one bar in the next few weeks with a greddy profec boost controller, I have a receipt for a walbro fuel pump but not sure if its been fitted

Will 1 bar still be safe on a standard fuel pump?

paz

Gray said:
Ill be going up to one bar in the next few weeks with a greddy profec boost controller, I have a receipt for a walbro fuel pump but not sure if its been fitted

I've answered that for you in another post that was almost identical :lol:

Paz

Gray

paz said:
Gray said:

I've answered that for you in another post that was almost identical :lol:

Paz
Where?? Tell me or I'll set Alana on you haha

paz

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That's just not nice.

The basic answer was that some people run 1 bar on the standard pump. You'd basically need to get the car checked over to confirm its getting adequate fuel before turning the boost up. In other words, if its supplying enough fuel, why not. Although some argue for the sake of £80 for a new pump, you're better safe than sorry.

''The decision.... is yours"" :lol: ;)

Paz

Gray

LOL

Don't worry I haven't seen Alana for ages. Probably longer than the last time you saw her.

I'll get Hiteq to check if I have a walbro already then when the install the boost controller.