How to adjust bite of clutch pedal?

R

rx7rotary

How to adjust bite of clutch pedal?

Thanks guys

Marko

Websnowbo

You cant really mate, there is some adjustment on the pedel but it just takes up the slack between the pedel and the master cylinder.

Oh, and if you disconnect the pedel from the master cylinder make sure you put it back in the right hole................put mine in the wrong one and fcuked my Master Cylinder good and proper.........

Stevo

i normally have that prob getting it in the rite hole :wink: :lol:

U can adjust it mate, there is a long bolt were the pedal sits on, u can undo the nut and the pedal can rise or lower.

In theory all ur pedals should be level, but my clutch has dropped and bit is right at the bottom.

Websnowbo

Yeah, you can raise the pedel up and down but the biting point is still in the same place on the pedel its just that the pedel wont go as far down or visa versa

ex-gtir

Websnowbo said:
Yeah, you can raise the pedel up and down but the biting point is still in the same place on the pedel its just that the pedel wont go as far down or visa versa
funny that i manage to adjust the bite point as when you adjust the rod in the master you will get more oil into the cylinder and thus sending more oil on route to the slave, basic hydraulics really

dal.a

I adjusted mine last nite u take the split pin out losen the lock nut and turn the fork thats connected to the pedal,tricky but easy when u have a good go at it.

dal.a

my biting point is right at the bottom great for traffic light grand-prix.But dont do it to much cos it makes your gears crunch like mine have been for 2 months :oops:

Websnowbo

ex-gtir said:
funny that i manage to adjust the bite point as when you adjust the rod in the master you will get more oil into the cylinder and thus sending more oil on route to the slave, basic hydraulics really
Forget what i've said then people, i'm by no means an expert on Hydraulics!

Still cant get my head around it though, as when the peddle is released the piston in the master cylinder returns to a stop (Pin i think, cant remember now) so no matter what adjustments are made on the pedel, the piston cant go back any further to take in more fluid?

When i played around with my adjustment the only way i could do it was change the length of the rod in the slave cylinder, no matter what i did at the pedel end it made no difference to movement of the slave.

But hey, as i say. I'm no pro, just a lowly back yard mechanic.

R

rx7rotary

Thats what i thought as well that the bite on hydraulic clutches cannot be adjusted???

Now i am confused, i will try what dal.a said and will get back to ya guys.

Thanks
Marko NZ