how to get rid of the white bits

stedee

i presume every body has the same problem, when you wax your car and get it all shiny i get white bits on the edge of rubber trims and plastic ones etc etc basically on every edge, is there a tip on how to avoid doing this or a quick way of getting it off - it drives me mad.:doh:

best tip ive got is.... dont get any on the trim :p

seriously though whats even more annoying is once the cars washed and dried, you go to polish it and you get drips of water from behind the trim and gaps ect... arrrghhh!

MORF114

I use carplan back 2 black easy to rub of paintwork when you've just waxed it,
and polishing it after you have just washed it best tip i can give you is get a air compressor and blow all the water out of all the gaps and off the paintwork, it doesnt streak like a shammy can, thats best way i have found.

azboy

maskin tape up the plasics is the only way, other ways hide it for 2 weeks then the white comes bak or just be very gental and not get any on the plasic which is very very hard i dont do either lol

Matty B

what i do is jet wash it first to clean it. Dry it with a leather, polish it then jet wash the plastics and the gaps to remove any left over polish. Give it another leather off and job done mate. Its a bit over the top but i hate to see polish in the gaps and on the plastics.

stedee

cheers lads i will try them all out one by one except for the masking of the trim as knowing my luck i will get the glue stuck on the plastics, and yes i do get water running out of the plastics when i am buffing off and it does p*ss me off. the tooth brush is sounding good i was thinking of using a cocktail stick. i get the same with back to black i get a bit on the paintwork which leaves an oily residue which takes me 10 mins to get off but i put the back to black on to get rid of the polish stains, you just cant win. i havent even got to cleaning the glass!!!!