How To Make A Pulsar Faster

serks2

ive baught a pulsar and im just waiting to find a new block!! as ive got the engine striped anyway i might aswell add some new stuff to it which would improve the power!!! does any one have any ideas in what i can do to the engine????:)

Mr GTiR

To make a Pulsar faster you need more boost, a good/bigger turbo to produce the power and the correct amount of fuel so it does not det.

Having engine internals does NOT make your car faster. All your doing is building an engine which is stronger so that it can take and handle the more boost and more power.

What kind of power are you looking for? Anything up to 320bhp then all I would do is rebuild it to standard engine spec with ARP rod bolts.

Over this then your looking at ARP rod bolts, forged pistons, cams, uprated head gasket, head studs if your going for silly power or want to rev it high, knife edge the crank, lightening and balancing, gash flow, ported and polished head, etc. The question you have to ask yourself is how much £££££ do you want to spend on a engine.

P.S. (I still have that engine for sale ;-) )

serks2

Mr GTiR said:
To make a Pulsar faster you need more boost, a good/bigger turbo to produce the power and the correct amount of fuel so it does not det.

Having engine internals does NOT make your car faster. All your doing is building an engine which is stronger so that it can take and handle the more boost and more power.

What kind of power are you looking for? Anything up to 320bhp then all I would do is rebuild it to standard engine spec with ARP rod bolts.

Over this then your looking at ARP rod bolts, forged pistons, cams, uprated head gasket, head studs if your going for silly power or want to rev it high, knife edge the crank, lightening and balancing, gash flow, ported and polished head, etc. The question you have to ask yourself is how much £££££ do you want to spend on a engine.

P.S. (I still have that engine for sale ;-) )
Thanks for the tips!!!!at the mo it has a remaped ecu, lightend flywheel, apexi air filter, a really loud exsuast with a really funny name!!! cant really remember!!

Is you engine standard??

Mr GTiR

serks2 said:
Is you engine standard??
My engine which is at Agra being rebuilt is far from standard. I don't think it has an orgainal standard part in it. The crank and rods are o/e but have been modifyied and made stronger.

The engine i have for sale come out of a good running car.

serks2

Mr GTiR said:
My engine which is at Agra being rebuilt is far from standard. I don't think it has an orgainal standard part in it. The crank and rods are o/e but have been modifyied and made stronger.

The engine i have for sale come out of a good running car.
cool

if i dont find anything cheaper then youl be hearing from me soon!!;-)

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
The grammar, pronunciation and spelling of members of this club will never cease to amaze me :der:

If this is what there typing is like then what’s there hand writing like :shock:

Did they actually go to school, if so what the hell were they doing for the 11 years or so they were a part of that institution :yawn:

How on earth do you cope, aren’t you embarrassed :oops: , what happens when you have to fill out a form :noidea: or do you get your mum to do it for you

Rant over

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Mr GTiR said:
Sorry Steve. You fancy giving some English lession then?

Andy, I would have thought it obvious that my observation was directed at you but going on the way you have just spelled lesson

English Lessons are £25 ph ;-)

Mr GTiR

stevepudney said:
Andy, I would have thought it obvious that my observation was directed at you but going on the way you have just spelled lesson

English Lessons are £25 ph ;-)
:doh: :oops:

stevepudney said:
my observation was directed at you
Have you missed out "not" in that sentence :p

M

macphegf

stevepudney said:
The grammar, pronunciation and spelling of members of this club will never cease to amaze me :der:

If this is what there typing is like then what’s there hand writing like :shock:

Did they actually go to school, if so what the hell were they doing for the 11 years or so they were a part of that institution :yawn:

How on earth do you cope, aren’t you embarrassed :oops: , what happens when you have to fill out a form :noidea: or do you get your mum to do it for you

Rant over
Was that an intentional pun?

'Their' I pressume is what you were looking for?

EDIT: oops just noticed the other thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Fire & skill

Vintage member
macphegf said:
Was that an intentional pun?

'Their' I pressume is what you were looking for?
come on mate - sarcasm is the lowest form of wit :lol:

i have to agree though, some of the grammar on here is pathetic :cry:

its almost like playing 'spot the chav'

paz

stevepudney said:

Rant over
Members who post the same thing on several different threads also get on my tits :der: :roll: :lol: ;-)

Paz