How to "remove" ECU

vizi0n

Hello folks,

I'd like to know how to remove the ECU ... I've tried undoing the 4 screws (2 on each sides) but it will not move ...

Can anyone tell me how, or show me some photos?

Thanks!

Frank

J

justin666

remove the plastic trim in the footwell to gain access to the ECU. Then you need to undo the two bolts at the front of the ECU attaching it to the floor. These can be a pig to see and get to as the wiring loom may be covering them up. Once these are removed the ECU and its cradle should slide straight out :thumbsup:

Much easier to do from the passenger side footwell as the pedals aint in the way :thumbsup:

J.

vizi0n

daaaaaaaamn ... this is absolutely bad ... when you undo the 2 bolts at the front, you dont expect the BACK of the unit to be in some kind of slide-in/out bracket... it took me 5 minutes to get it out, and about 1h to put it back

antgtir

pulsarr said:
where is the ecu located
passnger footwell?
Just to the right of the passenger footwell. Its actually in the centre of the car behind the dash, very easy to get to and easy enough to remove.

Ant.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
In the centre on the floor under the heater controls etc. You can get to it from either footwell, but looking at the above , the passenger side is best.

J

jpward

Yup passenger side is best and dont be afraid to prise the heater matrix up a bit to refit took me ages to do it the first time and got niped fingers but 5min job now all you need is a phillips and a 10mm socket

;-)