How to replace the Clutch Slave Cylinder?

Curtis

It looks quite simple to change and I've done the master cylinder in the past so it can't be that bad, but is there anything I need to know when replacing this?

A simple how to would be great.

This thread could then be moved to the "How To" section as I couldn't find one for the slave cylinder in there.

Thanks.

O

Odin

Your takeing the pi55 now mate a 6 year old could change the slave
cylinder. :roll: :roll:

even you could do it your sleep.

It's 2 bolts and a pipe and then you bleed it :wink: .

rob

Curtis

I thought as much, just checking! :wink:
It does look very easy, but I said that in the past and things have turned into a real drama...! :roll:

O

Odin

Thats only because your a ladyboy :shock: :lol: .

Now do you want me to tell you what a spanner looks like mate :?: :wink:so when your in the garage you know what
to look for :twisted: .

rob

J

J-GTi-R

Now do you want me to tell you what a spanner looks like mate
PMSL!!!

Yes it is a simple job, not real need for a 'how to'. Hell, you don't even have to take the engine out to do it...

A

AJ4

on a curious side note ( probably an urban myth... ) - the plunger in the slave cylinder is supposed to be a bit on the long side and holds the clutch off a little bit. Apparently if you shave a 1/4 inch off the plunger you can get more clamping pressure... :shock:

Don't know how much truth there is in that though....

Curtis

vpulsar said:
Thats only because your a ladyboy :shock: :lol: .

Now do you want me to tell you what a spanner looks like mate :?: :wink:so when your in the garage you know what
to look for :twisted: .

rob
Your lucky you now live up in Scotland cos for that comment I'd have to open up a can of "whoop-arse" on ya! (several cans in your case) :wink: :lol: