How to turn the compressor housing of this turbo ?

A

Anonymous

Hi there, I bought this turbo from Ebay, but I need to turn the housing so the point where the
air is going out of the turbo into the engine is facing up, can anyone tell me how ?

A

Anonymous

how do you mean, bolt on from behind ?

behind what ?

When looking at the compressor housing I only see a sort of blocking ring on the inside of the housing...

it doesn't have bolts like this one does :

skiddusmarkus

There's normally 6 or so bolts holding the compressor to the core.remove these and it will rotate.You'll need to fabricate a new mount for the actuator to go on though as it won't line up with the original after you rotate it.Be VERY careful though as you don't want to knock it over and have the blades touch the insides of compressor.

A

Anonymous

I know there's normally 6 bolts that hold the housing, but I can't find them, they should be on the inside of the compressor housing.
Well, as you guys can see from the pictures, this one hasn't. Any other ideas ?

A

Anonymous

ok, done :)

Now to get me downpipe made, And I'm fully done... for now ofcourse...

A

Anonymous

Actually, there weren't any bolts on the compressor side.
I removed the turbine side with the 4 bolts, so I had enough space to take out the big blocking ring on the inside of the compressor housing. After removing the ring, I could easily take of the compressor housing, turn it 90 degrees and put the whole turbo back together again.
I've also welded a new bracket for the waistgate actuator, it's drying from the paint in my shed right now :)

A

Anonymous

It's the dreaded Ebay-200sx manifold... bought it for 125 GBp from Ebay.
We'll see how long it lasts Nikko :)

M

Muppet

WJ are you going to get it rolling roaded after fitting it to see how it performs.

regars muppet

A

Anonymous

Yes I will.

I just have a few minor problems.... I think I have a damaged piston ring, cause of oil in the intercooler/dumpvalve and blue smoke on high boost/gearchange , and sometimes I have a huge cloud of white smoke when flooring it from 4000 rpm in second gear...

I've never had it rolling roaded before, but I'm currently in the process of fitting lots of different things. I think my clutch is gonna have a really hard time :)

Currently fitted :

K&N filter, stupid boost (about 1,4 bar, cause of a defect waistegate actuator)

next mods :

200sx manifold, faster spoolup turbo, Norris Designs uprated adjustable waistgate actuator, hks style twin downpipe, full mongoose with decat and 3,5" tail, Magnecor sparkplug wires, HKS iridium plugs, Blitz dual solenoid boost controller, Blitz dual turbo timer, Autoillusions white indiglo dials @ 300 kph

looing forward to rolling road :)