Hudsons Problems Again

A

Anonymous

hello everyone,

i've had a bit of a miss firing problem at high rpm after 30 mins or so of driving.

today, i went out in the R do stretch its legs and i came on boost when it was warmed up and it was fine, pulled better than my pug :wink: :roll:

after 30 mins or so, it seemed like the turbo wasnt being used...

i had this prob a while ago and there were some bolts missing in the turbo :shock: which was leaking boost out of it :shock:

im sure theres no leak(its fine until 30 mins), mikey did mention there was a bit of a crack in the wastegate(may have been fixed tho). do ya reckon it could be the problem??? its a bit intermittant after 30 mins of driving i will say, sometimes theres power...sometimes not....

queer :?

as always, all help is greatly appreciated :wink:

A

Anonymous

jimmybackb said:
thats sound like a heat soak problem from wot your sayiing....... :shock: :oops: :cry:
got a fmic on it, the hot side is a bit warm but the cold side is....cold :roll:

it boosts ok, might be a little slower than normal but not enough to notice but you dont get the boot up the ring piece like you should.

just been out this morning to scare my aunt :twisted: and came on boost(about 4k) and it felt like the det sensor had kicked in so im thinking its something todo with the fueling but why after 30 mins or so? is there anything that can get hot?

BenD

Went out in gregs car earlier, and it was quite noticable when he booted it out of a roundabout, which made me think it has something to do with the pump/fueltank, but it has recently been filled up :?

He is still getting the ignition circuit problem (fault code 21) and we checked the leads, didnt do the plugs cuz it was pissing down :roll: spose they should be checked aswell but i cant see it being that.

thing is, car pulls fine,

could it be anything to do with a turbo timer that is plugged into the ignition?

N

Ninja_tune_factory

sounds like my problem :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

A

Anonymous

oooh thinking about it, the turbo timer has a connection on the o2 thingy on the ECU, i just twisted the wires together instead of soldering :oops: :oops:

they wont come apart but could that be anything todo with it?

hate having a poorly R :cry:

Davey

Does it always do it after exactly 30 mins driving?
Does sound a lot like the det sensor, have you done a fault code check again?
If you turn the ignition off for 5 secs, you can hear the ecu (or a relay somewhere) 'click', the ecu should be clear of the fault then (until it does it again). That pretty much says its a faulty sensor/ecu, rather than something mechanical.
Good luck m8 :cry:

A

Anonymous

hmmm

just been out in the R after removing the turbo timer & checking the MAF connections and no change.

i was checking for anything blowing in the engine bay and i could hear a noise which i can only descibe as 'someone flicking a plate with their nail'

do you reckon its worth havin the pistons and all that lot checked?

would be bad news if there was a problem, but a good reason to get some forged ones and a few other toys :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

A

Anonymous

quick update:

just come back from powerstation to book a rolling road session and i've noticed that when it goes all shitty the boost is really slow to rise. sounds like a leak if you ask me :? just cant find one! :cry:

A

AndrewD

Hudson said:
quick update:

just come back from powerstation to book a rolling road session and i've noticed that when it goes all shitty the boost is really slow to rise. sounds like a leak if you ask me :? just cant find one! :cry:
when your looking for the leak is it 'on' boost?

because if its at idle and not boosting, there wont be a noticible leak through a small hole (if thats the case)

as on boost, it will WANT to leak from a small hole much easier ;)

A

Anonymous

yeah but i haven't mastered the art of climbing a car and looking for leaks while on full boost :lol: :lol:

booked into powerstation and that should hopefully sort it 8)

MarkTurbo

Your running 1 bar aren't you :?: When it "goes all shitty" as you put it :lol: does it still boost to 1 bar?

Have you still got the standard boost solenoid on your car? I was thinking that maybe the det sensor is kicking in (which usually cuts boost to 0.5 bar and retards the timing) but if you didn't have the boost solenoid on your car it would just be retarding the timing, which would make it feel sluggish :wink:

Hope that made sense :?

A

Anonymous

yeah i get what your sayin mark, no boost soleniod for me.

it does boost to a bar but its not happy by any stretch of the imagination.

i've added you to my msn list mark...so i can annoy you more often 8) :wink:

MarkTurbo

Hudson said:
i've added you to my msn list mark...so i can annoy you more often 8) :wink:
Oh no :roll: :lol: I better log onto it then, haven't looked at it since last week when Ryan (youngwippersnapper) was hassling me for max power live pics :lol:

When the car feels sluggish have you tried turning the ignition off and back on again? (i do it while i'm driving if my det sensor kicks in :wink: ) Make sure the road is straight though incase you go to far and the steering lock kicks in :oops: :oops: :oops:

A

Anonymous

tried turning the engine off and back on, does the same.

when i booked my appointment at powerstation this morning, it was running poo when i arrived. i spent 15 mins inside, started her up and she seemed fine.....for a couple of mins..... :cry: