I Can't Bear This.. But No Choice :(

GTiR-Aholic

It's a sad day.. but I've been cornered with no choice.. I need to raise £20,000 ASAP and I can see no other way but to sell my one asset... :sad:

So, here I am.. I'm breaking my R.. I don't want to bore you all with my shit and really not even in the mood to be on here right now but I have to do this - infact I've got the misses watching over me as we speak lol (but there's no story about her being pregnant or anything like that).. I cannot go into details as to why I need the cash.. but it's a genuine reason.

And I'm not out to skank anyone like our fellow friends steve colby and Dan :der:

...I just want to make back as much as I can from this R of the money that was put into it and the rest.. I'm hoping the bank will lend me.

After selling this R though.. I don't think I'll ever get one again :sad:

Anyways.. here's the link guys..
http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=398888

Last edited:

GTiR-Aholic

On a side note.. if I find another way to raise the money very soon.. I will cancel breaking the R and garage it until it's safe to play again..

GTiR-Aholic

I hope you get the money some other way your car sounds like its your baby good luck.
Cheers mate it really is. But to be honest, shamefully it's my only asset other than the house and garage. I can't sell the garage and I can't sell them for OBVIOUS reasons lol.

I've also got a Seat Inca van with a blown top end won't sell for much the way it is so I've got to rebuild that asap and flog that too.

If by any chance I get 20 or so customers next week wanting an engine swap.. I'll definitely keep my R!

..I've wanted one since I first started working on cars at the age of 16.

oggy01

..I've wanted one since I first started working on cars at the age of 16.
I think its every 16 year olds dream car, as it was mine. i always tell myself to sell mine but i can never bring myself to do it. I look at it this way, wat can you buy thats as fast for the money mines not the fastest gtir by a long way but it shows mots cars how to get on.

Do you tune cars for a living?

GTiR-Aholic

Nah I build websites and host websites for a living but I've got a garage where we rebuild car parts (turbos, gearboxes, ecu's and power steering components).

I'm not 16 no more but the thing that hurts most is.. the fact I haven't fitted the turbo, never heard it or anything.. spent all this money and I will take a loss selling the parts but I haven't even experienced it :(

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Get a lottery ticket - you never know!
(Yes it's an incredibly long shot, but it sounds like you could do with making it).

GTiR-Aholic

lol yeah I'll probably try that. Woke up this morning expecting to find a way out but nothing. I think I'd still like to be an active member on the forum though, know how all the other R's are getting on, give my 2 pennies worth wherever possible lol and definitely turn up to the R anniversary meet in my Seat Inca lol.

To be honest though mate, it wouldn't bother me much if I got the injectors and a remap and hit that high power that I was aiming for and actually DROVE the car to feel it for myself. What kills me the most is the fact I spent all that time and money on it (it became my life literally) and I've not had the opportunity to drive it :(