I have just found a mines ecu in my R shell

D

DaOne

I was having a look at my new rolling shell today, and i had the ecu out, and it is a mines one.

it has a gold plaque on the outer case and mines tape.
inside there is a ecu bord with mines on it and a chip with wires etc on the underside of it.

soooo is this any good, what is it?, what does it do or how can i find out?

(is it worth changing it over with my standard ecu in my running R?)

thanks Ian

boucherie

i think im right in saying that the mines ECU is setup for 1.1Bar, raises the rev limit to 8K although i think some were accidently set to 80K RPM, and it alters the fuelling as well, so yes i would use that on your running R!!

D

DaOne

does mines have a web site or anything? i have tryed looking on google etc but with no luck :-(

the bloke i got the R off said something about a defferent ecu, but think he was on so many d**gs i didnt really belive him lol, i got a turbo off him to, and he said it was uprated, but it looks just like a standard one?? any way of testing?

lakeview

they do have a website but unless you can read japanese its useless ive got a mines ecu in my car its set up to whatever it was set up to in japan mine is running 1 bar, revs to 8500 rpm it also seems to be much smoother than a standard ecu running 1 bar. before i bought my car i drove a few gtirs with mines ecus and have never come across one that revs to 80k i think thats just a rumour thats been kicking about for a bit

D

DaOne

is there any way of checking what the ecu does 1st before i put it into my running R?

D

DaOne

is it worth just putting it into my running R to see what happens, or will i have problems??

mods i have got are

uprated fuel pump
3'' turbo back exhaust
apexi induction kit
nimso clutch
lightened flywheel

youngsyp

DaOne said:
is it worth just putting it into my running R to see what happens, or will i have problems??

mods i have got are

uprated fuel pump
3'' turbo back exhaust
apexi induction kit
nimso clutch
lightened flywheel
It should be fine with those mods although, to be sure you should really stick it on some rollers. But, if your fuelling is good, I'd go for it !

If you manage to find the mines site, go to www.bablefish.co.uk. It's a translation site that may help you out !

Put mines tuning ecu vx rom into google and see what you get !

D

DaOne

when i last had my rr done i got 268 and 210 tourq, but they said it was running leam :-( dunno if it was or they done a bodg job with the RR.

have just fitted it and it feels smother, the standard one use to push you in your seat when on boost and about 5k have a less of a kick, then about 5.5/6k come back on boost.

also it use to idle funny, sometimes it woulk idke about 1.5k then after about 10 sec sometimes longer drop down to the normal idle.

the mines ecu doesnt not have the flat spot up the rev range, and the idle is fine. also it reves over 8k, i stopted at just over 8, was starting to shit it just in case lol.

Fusion Ed

The Mines Chip is just a modified ROM on a daughterboard. If you know what your doing its quite possible to modify this code. The next stage in what I do with these cars will be stock ecu reprograms, although on a pratical sense this is a little way off yet, it will happen in 2007.

Ed

Fusion Ed

I recognise your forum name? ever use the MSC? In any case by ignition charge time do you mean coil dwell time? Thats 0C40h-0C5Fh according to that page you posted.

mohsan

Mines Ecu

The Mines ECU is not reprogrammable here in the UK at the moment anyway. But if you have a Dastek unichip you can use it as the mother board. I got a extra 20bhp from swapping it from the standard ecu! I know this cause i had it RR before and after, but i dont know what it is about the Mines ECU but its so much better then the standard ecu the car feels so free. Even when i dint have it mapped it was better then my standard ecu that was mapped. A big noticeable difference I think everyone should have a mines to truely appreciate the gtir

H

helterskelterGTIR

MINES ECUS cannot be re-programmed in the UK . there is acompany in the UK that will ship it back to Mines in Yokosuka Japan to get it read. The please costs around £800 so people dont do it.
People in Japan wouldnt normally get an upgraded ECU unless they have done bits like induction, exhaust, front mount, fule pump etc... it wasnt worth the money for people to get the ECU unless they had done some basic tuning as these were so expensive new.

This is the reason nearly all MINES ECUs are set for 1.0 bar - 1.2 bar and with a raised limiter.

MINES are probably the best aftermarket ECU company in Japan... they dont really concentrate on style or decoration,, they focus on performance..

I have a MINES ECU and would recommed anyone to get one who is running 1.0 bar or close...Its a more agressive map with a much smoother power curve.

Their website is www.mines-wave.com

huu-raa

hi my car is running the mines ecu ,a few peeps have said its set up for 1.1 or 1.2 bar .at the moment im just running under a bar (14.6psi) if i were to turn it up to 1.1 or 1.2 would this be ok?

turbo back goose 5''
uprated fuel pump
mines ecu

nimhbk

are they not set up for jap 100+ron juice thou as i have tomei ecu and with out 100+ ron i have been told it is pointless...:doh: