i know its raining but . . .

Fire & skill

Vintage member
under part throttle this morning the 'R' was quite hesitant and seemed to develop a bit of a miss, when i put the foot down all was fine again, does anyone else have this kind of problem when its a bit damp? ive only had the 6 weeks and its the first time its missed a beat. :(

moved- Hannie

Stevo

check ur spark plugs mate, u may get probs from cold as car idles faster but once car is warm it should perform the same in wet or dry @ different revs

Davey

Also, check that the plugs arent wet, some people have probs when washing they're cars due to water going through the vents and collecting on top of the rocker cover

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Has it had new plugs/leads/ dizzy cap/rotor arm recently?
Older cars tend to start missing in the damp as worn/aging components let the moisture in.
Failing that, maybe water in the number one plug well?

S

skar

the same thing happened to me after i forgot to replace the left vent cover and it rained overnight...

i'm guessing water got into the maf sensor or dizzy because it only ever happens when it rains with the cover removed.

check if the covers are there... if they are, then maybe wet the bonnet n check for leaks in the engine bay

A

Anonymous

Davey said:
Also, check that the plugs arent wet, some people have probs when washing they're cars due to water going through the vents and collecting on top of the rocker cover
to combat this, i dont wash my car :oops: :lol:

J

J-GTi-R

This also is symptomatic of ignition leads that are on their way out, so you might want to check them too.

sypher

what to do is cruise the car in second gear and then floor the accel pedal from about 1500-2000 rpm if the car developes a definite missfire you have a problem on the ignition side of the engine for sure