i need help from some one that lives in the UK

• Thread starter benjamin.holmesmith
  • Start date
B

benjamin.holmesmith

I am an American stationed in Germany with the air force. I own a 92' GTi-R. I do have a problem though. I recently threw a rocker arm on #4 exhaust cyl. and broke the "rocker guide". I went to the local Germany Nissan dealer and ordered what I thought was the same part off of the 92 primera sr20de through Nissan fast. Well it did not work. And I still had to pay for it. I was wondering if some one in the UK would be helpful enough to go to a Nissan dealership, order and ship the part to me. I will pay you in full and it might be more helpful with some one with a pay pal account.

Thank you very much,

Ben

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
SR20DE? Why didn't you order the GTIR part? The Gtir (54C) head is different to most if not all of the others.

B

benjamin.holmesmith

i would have but they never had gdm GTi-R's and germans are not the most helpful people in the world

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
If it's just a guide you want, what size is it you need, I have a load in a bag in the workshop. If I have the size you need just pay for me to ship it to you and it's yours.

Do you know what size you need ?

Steve

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Major_Sarcasm said:
This would save me going to Nissan, Steve, as I'd agreed to do on Monday. Let me know if I need to go please? ;)
I'll let you know if/as soon as I hear anything

Steve

B

benjamin.holmesmith

What exactly do I measure to determine the size on the guide? I will go measure it right now but I don’t know if I will be measuring it right...

B

benjamin.holmesmith

Ok the whole guide is 8 millimeters tall, it is 5 millimeters to the bottom of the guide and the dimple where it sits on the valve is 3 millimeters deep. If I need to measure anything else just let me know thank you.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
It's a little more presice than that I'm affraid. Give me a moment and I'll draw you a diagram.

Steve

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member

The image in the centre is a section of the guide looking from the side, the section in yellow sits between the top of the valve stem and the rocker, this is the measurement we need. If your on a base at the moment you need to take the guide to the engineer on base and get him to make the measurment with a vernier to get the exact size.

B

benjamin.holmesmith

i can measure it with a micrometer but we only have inchs so i am gonna go to metals tech and see if they will measure it for me in metric

OZ-Racing

benjamin.holmesmith said:
i can measure it with a micrometer but we only have inchs so i am gonna go to metals tech and see if they will measure it for me in metric
You could always convert it ;-)
1 inch = 25.4mm