i need power

A

Anonymous

Hi

does any1 know how to get my sunny sr 1.6 16v twincam to go faster than its punny 102bhp i carnt afford an engine conversion but i have been offered a turbo kit fitted with a front mounted intercooler, dumpvalve etc for £1895 (is it worth it?)
or my other option is a bottle of nos??
what do u lot think??

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Not familiar with a turbo kit for the 1.6 lump, but you could always transplant the lump from a 2.0 GTi ( but it's all down to cost as you say), so you could always strip out your car ( remove the back seats, any heavy ice such as a bass box etc ), fit uprated braked pads & new fluid ( so you can brake that little bit later and more confidently! ) and get plenty of air to your filter, remove the cat if you have one and get a freer flowing exhaust....anyone else got any suggestions :?:

O

Odin

ANDY B said:
Hi

does any1 know how to get my sunny sr 1.6 16v twincam to go faster than its punny 102bhp i carnt afford an engine conversion but i have been offered a turbo kit fitted with a front mounted intercooler, dumpvalve etc for £1895 (is it worth it?)
or my other option is a bottle of nos??
what do u lot think??
If your thinking of spending 2k on a turbo kit why not sell it and buy a
gtir for 3.5k to 4.5k that would make more sense :wink: . and befor you
say I can't afford the insurance what would it be on a turbo'ed gti :?: .

rob

A

Anonymous

cos im only 21 but if i got the turbo conversion i wouldnt tell my insurance

A

Anonymous

ANDY B said:
Bit dangerous that one..
AFC to adjust your fueling a bit..
Some re-profiled cams
An induction kit
A new header
Advance your timing

That would make quite a good start..

Nad

ANDY B said:
Have an accident with someone else and ur insurance company would disown u and u would end up paying everything. Dont forget ur normally covered for up to so many £100,000's if they die etc, u would have to pay it.

Nad

geetee

Sometimes I'm scared to venture out onto the roads knowing the number of people drving around uninsured.

If they're too hard up to pay for insurance, how the fook are they gonna pay for me being in a wheelchair for the rest of my life when they hit me ? :(

Hope it never happens!

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

A

Anonymous

MY CAR IS USED ON A GRASS TRACK NOT ON THE ROAD BUT I STILL NEED TRACK INSURANCE WHY IS EVERY 1 GIVIN ME A HARD TIME HERE I ONLY ASKED A QUESTION???????

Nad

We are not, but u never told us u werent using it on the road so how are we meant to know?

:lol:

Nad

skiddusmarkus

I'd either get a GTi or do the engine swap.Either way will work out cheaper or the same as the turbo kit.
Chill out-people assumed you were going to drive it on the road-we don't get many grass trackers here.

GINGA

For £2K you could easily do a gtir engine conversion just get a front cut from Japan and you'll have pretty much everything you need and you can sell the gtir gearbox and all the rest of the bits you don't need to fund a decent gearbox for it :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Strip out everything you don't need and fit some smaller wheels and tyres. That should help you abit.

A

Anonymous

Cheers lads oh and nad the CAPS LOCK button thing is so old now (get a new 1)

Nad

ANDY B said:
Cheers lads oh and nad the CAPS LOCK button thing is so old now (get a new 1)
Well we're all supplied it with our moderator packs :wink:

Sorry, people should update their sites more often then :lol:

Nad