I need specifics..

R

*Red*

Hello lovely people,

Long time no speak, sorry I've been so rubbish at staying online - had a bit of a hectic one recently.

For those that remember, I was upgrading a few parts on Penny earlier this year. She's back on the road now and I'm currently over in the US in Connecticut and wanted to get her a few more goodies whilst I'm here.

I need exact details, part numbers, links etc for the following if possible...

Rods
Head gaskets
Bolts
Entire oil pump kit

I know a few of you have got parts from over here, and I've been through my previous threads but I'm just a little stuck on what I need exactly and would be so grateful if anybody could help me at all!

When I'm back in the UK in May, I'll post up a up to date thread with piccies etc :D

xx

R

*Red*

Hey again,

I am really really sorry that I've not been on in ages or been out to meets etc but I promise I will be online more once I'm back in the UK! I'm not meaning to sound cheeky and just come on here when I need something, but would anybody be able to at least give me some part numbers as I'd really like to be able to pick stuff up whilst I'm over here and don't have a clue what I'm looking at :(

xx

youngsyp

For the rods, stick with the OE items. If it were me, and it were possible, I'd get these weight matched. Of course, this is only really beneficial if you have the pistons weight matched too. You'll want to get all rotating parts (rods, crank, flywheel and clutch assembly) balanced when the engine is reasembled too. You might want to get them shot peened too, just to add a touch more strength.
Head gasket, go for an HKS one, I'd suspect a 1.2mm thick item would be the one for your needs. Just look for the GTiR specific one.
You could opt for a Cometics one but, they're not constructed as well.
For bolts, you'd want ARP main (big end bolts) again, GTiR specific but, Nissan OE bolts will do for the head etc... Just make sure you buy new ones. See above for part numbers.
For the oil pump housing, the OE item is all you can use. Try Erics performance parts on eBay for that. He might also be the best place to try for the OE Nissan bolts. The items on his site are described as exactly what they are so, you'll have no issue getting the right ones. If in doubt, just email him with what you want and he'll point you in the right direction.

Paul