Idles at 1050RPM? ? ?

R

rx7rotary

Fully standard, no mods, running idle at 1050, is that normal? If not what should it be?

A

andy n

seems about right. nissan made it this way so it uses even more fuel :D :D :D

J

J-GTi-R

It's supposed to be about 900 rpm, but I've never been in a car that does idle at that.

You'll find they can idle anywhere between 700rpm and 1500rpm. Mine alternates between 1000 and 1200rpm depending on it's mood.

A

Anonymous

yeah i get around 900-1000.

they are very tempremental tho

geetee

I've been trying to fix my high idle for ages - tacho says it's idling at about 1300rpm.

The the other day I went to check the timing - the timing light has an rpm display on it - it says the idle is 950rpm :shock:

Think I'll just realign the standard tacho needle and forget about it :lol:

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

J

John Mc

Mine was idling at 1500 rpm from when I got it. Did a service, new spark plugs, oil, filters etc and noticed the distributor cap was cracked at the coil lead inlet, it was full of sh1t from arcing. Changed the cap and rotor arm, now idling around 1000rpm when warm and a little over 1100 when cold :D

One of my spark plugs was really sh1tty too.

Regards

John

monsterGTi-R

Mines idleing at 1750rpm :shock: Had some work done at Powerstation on Saturday but the idle screw was rusted up so loads of WD-40 to squirt on the screw before I can turn it down. It was running at about 1200 rpm before I had a new fuel pump and filter fitted because it was running dangerously lean :!: Cheers Powerstation :) :x must squirt more WD-40 :x :lol:

M

Mart

Hmmm..... mine idles perfectly at 900.

Spoke to Olly because his was above 1000, he said it was because of the advanced timing he is running.

R

rx7rotary

so that is more or less ok to idle at around 1000 - 1200,

thanks guys:)