idles then cuts out?

shane123

I've just rebuilt my pulsar and when i start it from cold it idled really low like its going to cut out then it picks up to 1200rpm then once its warn it idles at 900rpm normal but when I rev the engine up it goes to around 200rpm struggles for a sec then dies. I start it straight back up and it idles back to 900rpm no props.anyone got any ideas as its really winding me up, cheers

geoff pine

I wonder if 900 is just to low i managed to get mine down to 930 /960 and it has tried to stall a few times when warmed up.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'd guess he's suggesting that you have a leak in it somewhere; as soon as the turbo starts spooling the engine stalls and dies.

Just to clarify; when you rev it, it goes to 2000rpm or it drops to 200rpm before dying?

shane123

I've done a fault check and it came up clear, I have just noticed that if I rev it to 2000rpm it idles fine but if I go over 2000rpm it comes back down then dies? Any clues?

Braveheart

How old is the fuel in the tank as it may have dropped octaine level, waxed up or you could have a clogged fuel filter.