idling problem

Alexpie

hi
recently replaced the cams and did the clearances on my car and is all timed up fine after checking with bob many times lol and running fine, except the first problem i have is error code 34 which i know is det sensor so am looking about getting that replaced/fixed just gotta get the bastard out. but aside from the error code, it seems to be idling very low around 5/600rpm when cold and twice its stalled itself on idle, is this just a case of adjusting the idle? or is this because of the sensor? it idles fine and runs ok when its warmed up, apart from the sensor holding it back. it might be worth saying aswell i put some fuel in it this morning, it had 1/4 tank and as you know it usually makes a hissing sound opening the fuel cap, well this time it hissed and about half a pint of fuel came out aswell?! so i thought maybe a breather is blocked or something to do with fuelling system but im not an expert on this kind of thing so any help would be great,
thanks

skiddusmarkus

Fuel pressure can affect idle too.After fitting an adjustable fpr, when the pressure was increase, revs rose and vice versa.Could get it down to stalling by dropping fuel pressure.

P

pulsarboby

you may find that the carbon canisters collapsed inside which could be blocking the breather to tank, seen this before or where the things have been plumbed in wrong and the carbon canister actually balloons if the fuel tank is full lol
disconnect the breather pipe and leave it going to air and see if that makes a difference

Alexpie

great thanks for the help will have a look tommorow as the brakes have started making noises now aswell :doh: so gonna have a look at it all then and hopefully sort it !

Alexpie

found out the problem with the brakes..
not sorted the idle though, bob where abouts is the breather that you spoke about?
not so urgent now as im not driving it till ive got new pads and brake lines and re bled them, in the mood for sorting things out after doing the timing so seems a good time to do it.
also you know all the hoses on the injector assembly, would it be alright to replace these with just normal vacuum hose? as mine are looking a big aged and starting to split a bit.
also best place to get a knock sensor?!