if ecu has been mapped then disconected does it re set

N

NISM0

i had another engine fitted to my r, i wonderd if the ecu was mapped to the old engine if it eas un plugged will it re set to factory?? cheers

geetee

You can't 'remap' a standard ecu other than fitting an add-on daughter board in it.

If you do have an add on board in there the map will be stored in NVRAM / EEPROM and will not be affected by disconnecting the ecu from the loom.

Regards
Graham 8)

N

NISM0

map

my car has had a 292 power upgrade ias that probably a chip

geetee

292 power upgrade >??

Pretty meaningless to be honest.

If it's referring to getting to 292bhp then there's no need to fiddle with the ECU necessarily. Simple filter, exhaust, fuel pump, up boost will see you there quite happily.

Unless you have some other info about this "292 power upgrade" ???

Ta Graham

N

NISM0

UPGRADES

HKS FILTER, HKS SSQV BOV, MONGOOSE STRATE THRU EXAUST, DE RESTRICTED SPEED, THIS IS ALL I KNOW, CHEERS

geetee

Do you know what boost it is running? Does the boost gauge (centre console) go off the scale?

To get to 292bhp (if that's what this means!) you would need to be somewhere up around 1 - 1.1 bar.

May well be the ecu has been chipped to up the boost and alter the fuelling. If it has, that chip will not be mappable (by yourself at least). Removing the chip should return the car to stock..... as long as you don't bugger something up removing it :)

Hard to know - have a look at the ECU and see what stickers are on it.... usually a chipped ECU will have an additional sticker on it. ECU is under the centre of the dash... i.e. stick your head in the footwell and look to the middle of the car! Not the easiest thing to get too.

Could also be worth looking under the bonnet for any changes made to the vac / boost pipes to the turbo.

Cheers
Graham 8)

N

NISM0

booooooost

car does boost of the console gage but so did my faxtory pulsar, ibetter get a better guage with higher boost markings, this should tell me shouldn't it??, ile look at ecu asap, cheers

N

NISM0

how much do you think second hand ecu might cost

i was thinking of purchasing stock ecu, how much do me think??

geetee

Personally I'd get an aftermarket gauge on there to see what boost you are running.

Then get it on a rolling road to check the fuelling and for det - and of course to know what power it's pushing out :)

If it's all setup fine - why would you want to "reverse modify" it?

If you can find out what chip is in it you can probably find someone to do a straight swap on the ECU.

Cheers
Graham 8)

N

NISM0

AH HA ECU

WILL HAVE A LOOK AS SOON AS, THE ONLY REASON FOR DOWN GRADE IS TO PROLONG LIFE OF THE ENGINE, ITS ALWAYS FUN HAVIN POWER BUT IT COSTS IN THE END(USUALY THE ENGINE, AS THIS IS ITS SECOND ENGINE. didn't meen to shout caps lock stuck on. cheers